Review: Mesoestetic Anti Stress Mask

Hands up if you're stressed! I feel like that may be most, if not all, of us at the moment. I mean, it's mid December after all, and if you don't already have your tree up, your presents wrapped and sitting pretty under the tree, or at the very least, a list of who'd been naughty AND nice (because you really need to have a balanced lifestyle, am I right?). and gifts that would work for them, then you're probably going to need to breathe into a paper bag for a little bit first while you panic and hyperventilate, because kicking your ass in gear. Yeah, like I said, it's stressful!

 

Of course, like a lot of emotions, the stress that you internalise can sometimes be visible on the outside, whether it's through the expression of various fine lines, skin irritation from constant face rubbing or the triggering of underlying allergies that can result in inflammatory skin disorders - for example, when I'm really, really stressed, my eczema can occasionally rear it's ugly head, so I'm no stranger to my skin flaring up when I'm under the pump. Thankfully, there are plenty of options out there for me to help maintain my skin so that it stays clear and to combat issues when they arise.

 

The Mesoestetic Anti Stress Mask is one such product, and it aims to soothe the skin, while acting as an anti-inflammatory, anti-redness product which is also supposed to have an anti-pollution action and  help in strengthening the skin barrier. The combination of rhodosorus marinus extract (which is a type of algae) and saffron flower do the heavy lifting in fighting signs of inflammation, skin sensitivity and redness, while a plant complex made up of aloe vera, chamomile and marigold help with regenerating, soothing and smoothing the skin.

 

The inclusion of lactobacillus ferment, which is a post-biotic active ingredient that is obtained from the fermentation of a bacerium, and this is responsible for balancing the microbiota of the skin, resulting in stronger and better skin barrier function. This means that the skin can better withstand assaults on it, so that the skin is less prone to flare ups. And last but not least, a biotechnological active ingredient, Urban D-tox, acts to both remove particulate pollutants and combat oxidative stress, the latter of which is known to contribute to skin ageing.

 

This comes in a white tube with a flip lid, and it contains 100ml of product for about $118. I really like that this goes on like a cream, and that it my skin reacts well to it. I feel like that it does seem to help strengthen my skin barrier, in that despite the recent bouts of hay fever I've had, my skin hasn't been reacting as much to all the fun allergy triggering particles out there. It's also a beautiful mask to have on my skin after a long day of being out and about. What mask are you currently loving?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts