Review: Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

Part of the fun of being a blogger is going through products that I think would be interesting to try, and that includes things that have been on the market for a long time. Yes, I know it's not new on the scene,but if it's new to me, and if I think it's something worth trying, then you're probably going to see it on here eventually! And that is exactly why the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm is today's focus!


I bought this cleansing balm as an alternative to my usual cleansing oil, as I wanted to switch it up a little. What does this do, and should you get one of your own? This is meant to help dissolve all forms of makeup, even, and they claim, waterproof mascara and eyeliner. It's meant to be suitable for all skin types, and be of a non-drying formula.

 

This is a solid balm that is easy to scoop out of the jar, which has a very satisfying texture - one that smooshes really nicely between the fingers, and is easy to spread over the skin, so that you can massage it into the face beautifully, before adding some water to help the transformation into making it a softer, silkier product that helps to lift the remnants of the day from the skin. 

 

While this is recommended for use prior to a second cleanser, I have found that this works best for me as a follow up to using micellar water to remove the bulk of my makeup. The cleansing balm is better for removing the leftover bits of makeup and more stubborn clumps of mascara that cling onto the lashes. I also finish it off with a cleanser, sometime gel, sometimes cream, so that my skin is left soft, cleansed and ready to absorb some other bits of skincare.

 

I find that this doesn't do well when matched up against waterproof mascara and certain eyeliners, which is why I prefer it as a product sandwiched between my other cleansing products, so that it sits in the middle of my routine. I do like that this comes as a solid balm, which makes travelling with it an option, particularly if you purchase the 30 ml option. Ranging between $23 to $79, this comes in three sizes, going from 30 ml to 125 ml to a whopping 200 ml. It's now available from various retailers, including Adore Beauty and Mecca, as well as in store where Clinique counters exist, such as Myer and David Jones. Have you tried a cleansing balm before?

Comments

  1. Oh very good product
    It has been a while since the last time I used Clinique

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts