Review: Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment

It's officially Summer, and you're zipping around, trying to squeeze as much time out of your day as you can, stretching those daylight house to allow you to do everything you could possibly want to do. Of course, that also means that you may have to cut corners somewhere, but you should still look after yourself, so where does that leave you? In a position where you have to find products that you can fit into your life without compromising on the quality or results, that's where!

 

Today, I want to talk about a mask that I was introduced to by my oldest sister yonks ago, and by that, I mean it was probably about 15 or so years ago, which sounds like a very long time, but this has clearly stood the test of time, seeing as it's still in my skincare rotation! I remember when my sister first whipped this out while we were having a girls' night in at her place in New York - she told me it would be the best way for me to spend two minutes of my time, and you know what? She was right!

 

This multi-action exfoliator is designed to clarify and polish the skin with chemical exfoliants, fruit enzymes and physical granules. Papapya, pineapple and pumpkin enzymes are responsible for exfoliating the dead skin cells, while lactic acid reduces the appearance of pores and the removal of surface build up. There is also the inclusion of aloe vera and honey, which are there to nourish and soothe the skin. Vitamins A, C and E round it out, leaving the skin looking smoother and brighter.

 

This comes in a white tube with a flip top, and this is definitely one mask where you don't have to squeeze out too much. Essentially, all you need to do is use one small dollop that allows you smear on a thin layer, and wait it out for two minutes before you wash it off in rotational strokes. This is such a low effort mask, for such excellent pay off, that you really need to be asking yourself why you haven't tried this sooner!

 

I find that this does create a little bit of a tingling sensation while it sits on my skin, but beyond that, it doesn't seem to cause an adverse reaction. I like using this about once a week currently, and it's a real lifesaver for the days when I've been running around too much to even think about a mask until I've gotten into the shower. This retails for $148 for 60 ml of product at Mecca, and you can find it over here. I can't even tell you how many tubes of this I have run through! Is this on your must try list?

Comments

Popular Posts