Review: A'kin Daily Shine Shampoo and Conditioner and Miracle Shine Conditioning Hair Mask

 

Happy Thursday! As you're reading this, I'm getting ready to fly off for a weekend away for my birthday, and if there's one thing that makes any birthday snapshots look good, it's my crowning feature - my hair! I mean, sure, it's important to have good skin and flawless makeup, but good hair really helps in nailing that carefree, having a great time away shot - am I right? Therefore, I've been more than happy to try out the following offerings from A'kin, and let me tell you, it's been a great journey to take my hair on!

 

Let's start with the A'kin Daily Shine Rosemary Shampoo! This comes in a pump bottle that makes it easy to get the product out. This doesn't lather up particularly well, and I love that this has a soft floral scent. This does a great job of cleansing my hair, without drying out my hair and scalp, and it actually does look like my hair is a little bit shinier as a result of using this. I particularly like that this really is quite gentle on my tresses.

 

I follow it up with the A'Kin Daily Shine Avocado and Calendula Conditioner, which also comes in the same type of packaging as that for the shampoo. Designed for nourishing and hydrating your hair, this manages to strike the balance of achieving those goals without weighing down the hair or making it oily. After rinsing this out, I'm left with hair that is relatively manageable and soft, and together, this dynamic duo seems to slow down how oily my hair gets over time.

 

Of course, while the two above are responsible for helping my hair look like there is a bit of bounce and body to go with the shine, like with skincare, my hair needs a mask from time to time to help give it an extra boost of moisture. The Miracle Shine Conditioning Hair Mask comes in a short, squat jar that has an easy to open metallic lid. A scoop of this on the ends of my hair for about 10 minutes is all it takes to help keep my hair feeling softer. This also has the added benefit of reducing the frequency of knots that I've been encountering, thanks to me generally abusing my hair. 

 

Overall, I have found my experience with the A'Kin Daily Shine Shampoo and Conditioner, and the Miracle Shine Conditioning Hair Mask, has been really positive. The mask is one of my favourite new additions to the shower caddy, and I can definitely see myself using it to the very last drop. They retail for $26.95 each for the shampoo and conditioner, and $21.95 for the mask, and these can be found at a number of different places, including Chemist Warehouse and David Jones. How do you tame your tresses?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts