Review: Essano Collagen Boost Serum

 

Happy Sunday! Aside from being the day of rest, and the last day of the week, this is commonly also known as recovery day. While it now has a very different meaning compared to when I was younger, where recovery was needed from a big night out, it still very much means that I appreciate having a day to look after myself, and often, rather than needing some time out after a big night, it's all about recuperating after a big week, and what a week it's been! Lots of work, which generally means lots of stress, and I could now use a bit of time, and good skincare, to rejuvenate my skin, and soul.

 

A big part of good skincare comes down to what I pick as my serum, and right now, I'm finishing off a bottle of Collagen Boost Serum by Essano, and it's fantastic! This contains plant peptides and rosehip oil, which are meant to help stimulate regeneration and repair of the skin. It's also supposed to provide intense moisturisation, plump the skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. On top of that, it's also meant to help tighten pores and improve the texture of the skin, while improving firmness and elasticity.  

 

This serum comes in an amber bottle with a firm pump that releases a small amount each time, and a clear cap that you pull off. I was confused initially when I opened this, because this seemed really thick to begin with, and it had me wondering if it really was meant to be a serum. Thankfully, once I thinned it out, it lost it's creamy, thick texture and became more serum-like, making it easy to spread over the skin. This has a mild rosehip scent to it, which fades rapidly after application.

 

I find about three pumps of this to cover my face and neck sufficiently, and that despite initial appearances, this gets absorbed really nicely. It seems to result in my skin feeling softer, and while I can't vouch for it's efficacy against the wrinkles, I can tell you that it does feel a little plumper and smoother, and I'm getting ever closer to the bottom of the bottle daily. 

I wouldn't consider this product to be particularly ground breaking, but I do think that it has been instrumental in my skin being slightly next level, or really just a step up from what it was prior to this, and because of that, I'd be keen to finish it off. This bottle holding 30 ml of product retails for $33.99, and it can be found at a number of retailers, including their online store, as well as at Priceline. While you're there looking for the Collagen Boost Serum, make sure you check out the rest of the featured range too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts