Review: Votary Hydrating Body Oil Bergamot and Mandarin

 

So, I'm a big fan of staying hydrated - that's why I drink so much. Just kidding! I'm talking, of course, about my skin. But you do need to drink lots of water to be healthy and to stay hydrated, so just keep that in mind! Having had a few little trips away in colder climates recently, my skin has been exposed to a variety of conditions (spoiler - 4 hours in an outdoor spa WILL dry your skin,but it will also give you the ability to cogitate properly with your bestie), and as such my skin has certainly been drier than I would like.

 

What better product to allow your skin to glisten and glow than a body oil, all the while allowing for moisture to be locked in? I, for one, cannot think of anything better, and I've been fixated on the Votary Hydrating Body Oil in Bergamot and Mandarin since I adopted it as part of my post shower routine. In order to do a great job of leaving the skin feeling soft and smooth, this is made up of a number of different oils.

 

This golden drop of goodness is made up of peach kernel oil, camellia seed oil, rosehip fruit oil, grape seed oil, plum seed oil and black cumin seed oil. Of course, that's not all! It also contains bergamot fruit oil, mandarin peel oil, petitgrain leaf oil, sea buckthorn fruit oil and orange peel oil! With that many oils contained in a small body, is it any surprise at all that this is an amazing skin food for the body? 

This comes in a glass bottle that contains 110 ml of product, and retails for a whopping $130 at Sephora. There is a clear cap that you can pull off easily, and I find about two pumps to be sufficient for covering each leg, and about eight pumps to fully cover the rest of my body. I love that this is oily without leaving a layer of grease behind, and that instead, my skin ends up feeling moisturised, and not like a complete oil slick. This also has the added bonus of having a citrusy, flowery fragrance to it, which I rather appreciate.

 

Overall, the finish, where it dries down really nicely on the skin, due to it's great consistency, is what cinches it for me with this body oil. The scent is wonderful too, but it really is the finish that makes me fall for it over and over again. If you're looking to try this out for yourself, then click on this link to go straight to Sephora's website for more information! What's on your must try body oil list?

Comments

Popular Posts