Review: Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Perfect Sunblock

 

The best possible weapon to have in your arsenal of goodies when it comes to keeping your skin looking young and healthy has to be sunscreen! I know I talk about sunscreen a whole lot, but when it's something that we should be using daily, I reckon I can't talk about it enough! As such, I do love dabbling in different sunscreens, and I've been trying out the Isntree Hyaluronic Acid Perfect Sun Block, and I have a few thoughts about this.

 

If you haven't guessed by now, Isntree is a Korean brand, and while it's new to me, I was pleased to see that their range was available on several Australia based sites, making this a relatively accessible brand. This sunscreen is meant to be good for oil balance, improving the barrier of the skin, soothing and, as mentioned above, great for preventing ageing! This is a broad spectrum sunscreen, which means that it blocks UVA and UVB rays, and has SPF 50+ protection, which is the very minimum that you should go for here in Australia. 

 

It looks to strengthen the skin barrier and soothes the skin with lactobacillus fermentation products, centella asiatic extract, and fig extract, as well as ceramide and hydrogenated lecithin to help replenish and nourish the skin. It also boasts the ability to enhance the moisture levels of the skin, while firming it, thanks to eight-layer hyaluronic acid, which, I don't quite know what that means, but it sounds exciting. It is also meant to have some whitening function to it, due to it containing niacinamide. Their website actually breaks down the ingredients and what they do really well - you can read all about it over here.

This comes in a white tube with a blue cap that you have to twist off, and I like that this has a thin nozzle, which makes getting the exact amount that you want out a breeze. The sunblock comes out a relatively creamy white, and there is a medium consistency to it, which makes working it into the skin a mostly easy task. However, this sadly does leave a bit of a white cast on the face, especially around the hairline. As much as I try to rub it in, I find that this seems to stick around on my face a little bit, and the only course of action I have to remedy it to to put makeup over it.

I like that this doesn't smell like sunscreen, and that it has a good texture to it, even if it does leave my skin looking a little white. I also like that this doesn't feel sticky on my skin, which I'm happy about. It also leaves me with a slightly dewy finish, which I far prefer to a matte one. This retails for about $35 for 50 ml of product, and you can find it at online retailers such as Stylevana. As my first introduction to the brand, it certainly got me curious about the brand! Have you tried anything from Isntree before?


Comments

Popular Posts