Review: La Mav Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 Antioxidant Oil

Happy long weekend, my lovelies! As is the custom for those of us with a long weekend, or certainly for me, this is the best time to actually wind down, and catch up on some self care, including taking extra care of my skin, so that my skin can recuperate from everything that life throws at it. It's particularly important if you have partied really hard this weekend, and your hydration levels aren't the only thing that need to recover!

 

You may not think that your skin is in need of it, because you don't wear much makeup, or your skin is good generally, but there are daily environmental stressors that can affect your skin, and you should always make time for self care, because that's good for both your mental health and your skin! While I take face masks to be the mainstay of what helps my skin recover from a big week, or particularly harsh environmental stressors, I'm actually here to talk about a staple product that should be in everyone's skincare rotation, and that is the humble face oil.

I know that there are some people who aren't keen on face oils, due to having combination/oily skin, and that this makes them cautious about adding more oil to their skin, However, you need to shelf that sort of thinking, and get on board. Like any other kind of skincare, you need to find the right kind for you skin, and the La Mav Omega 3, 6, 7 & 9 Antioxidant Oil is great for mine. Bursting with antioxidants, this aims to moisturise the skin while also strengthening and smoothing it, improving the skin barrier. 

 

CoEnzyme Q10 helps in fighting the free radicals that can lead to signs of ageing, while bisabolol, which is derived from chamomile, can soothe irritated skin and also protect it from oxidative stress, as well as reducing hyperpigmentation. There is also chia seed oil, which is steeped in omega-3 and 6 fatty acids and phytosterols to help replenish the moisture barrier, while also hydrating and smoothing the skin. Acai oil and marula oil are present to repair and restore the skin, while sandalwood seed oil hydrates it, as well as having anti-ageing and soothing properties, thanks to it containing omega essential fatty acids. Last but not least, this also has natural vitamin E and tocotrienols to help protect the skin and prevent premature ageing.

 

With ingredients like these, it's safe to say that my expectations were high before I'd even tried it. This comes in a light blue bottle with a dropper applicator, and I find about three drops to be sufficient to cover the skin. This doesn't have a scent that I can detect, and the texture is just right - not too greasy, and not too light. Being an oil, it takes a little bit for this to be absorbed, but once it does, my skin is left feeling soft and gorgeous. I feel like this has been a great boost for my skin, and it has helped with some irritation I've been suffering from, thanks to constant mask wearing. For more information on this $69 skin helper, head to their website. What's your preferred facial oil?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts