Review: Grin Natural Strengthening Toothpaste

 

It's not often that I talk about the minutiae of what we take to be part of our day to day routine, but of course, some of that stuff makes up a major part of what self care actually is. I'm talking about what we have all been taught to do since we were wee young babes, and I'm talking about the humble world of oral care, of which the toothpaste and toothbrush duo takes center stage, which brings me to my focus of the day - the Grin Natural Strengthening Toothpaste!

 

Let's have a little chat about the brand before we go diving in. Grin is a New Zealand based brand, which was formed in 2015, after being inspired by a niche in the market, where they wanted to create an oral hygiene brand without artificial flavours, colours, preservatives, added sugar, SLS, fragrance and harsh abrasives. Instead, they have a range with manuka oil, propolis and organic sea salt, combined to help fight common oral bacteria. 

If you follow me on Instagram, you'd have seen a shot of some Grin products for kids, which I found really cute for the young ones, which could encourage a healthy relationship with their teeth and a lifetime of great oral care habits. It's the kind of thing I would have loved when I was a kid, and I wish I had something like that to motivate me! As an adult, my teeth brushing habits have evolved from a cursory kiss with my toothbrush to a thorough clean that takes a couple of minutes out of my day, twice daily. 

 

Given the frequency, I'm always keen to find products that work for me, and Grin has delivered on that front! I've been using the Grin Natural Strengthening Toothpaste, and it's been an easy toothpaste to love! This toothpaste contains natural hydroxyapatite as an alternative to fluoride, while magnolia bark extract and organic sea salt fight common oral bacteria, helping to keep the mouth and gums happy. 

 

There is also natural xylitol to help prevent plaque build up, as long as you're keeping up with regular brushing! If you're concerned that this might not leave your mouth feeling minty fresh, think again! With peppermint oil and spearmint oil, this will leave your breath quietly minty. I quite like the taste, and while I don't know that this does strengthen my enamel, I am quite satisfied this cruelty free daily staple! Find your own over here. What's your favourite cruelty free toothpaste?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts