Review: Gumleaf Essentials Nourishing Hand Cream

Hands up - particularly if those very same hands are dry! I feel like we're currently going through a far colder and drier Winter than we've had the last few years and it is starting to show. As someone who moisturises, and by that, I mean that I moisturise everything, from top to toe, it's been a bit of a surprise to see and feel dry, scaly patches of skin where it used to be smooth and flat before. 

 

One of the most problematic areas has to be my hands, due to the fact that I use them all the time to touch a variety of things, and they are assaulted with hot water, soaps, and hand sanitiser - it's definitely not a shocker that the skin of my joints is cracking and looking really rough. When the Gumleaf Essentials Hand Creams, Indulgence and Relaxing, dropped on my desk, I was very excited, because I felt like they could do with a bit of a challenge!

 

I've been using these steadily, and by that, I mean I've been trotting them out every couple of hours, and indulging in them prior to going to bed, and they have been working an absolute treat! About 1/3 of the back of my left hand was slightly raised, very dry and almost a little red, and by regularly using these, I've been able to get my skin feeling a lot softer, and looking much better, not to mention also smelling fantastic as a result of my indulgence! I love that these get absorbed nicely without leaving a layer of grease behind. 

There is a trickier bit of skin on my right hand, where my second knuckle joint is, on my index finger, and due to the fact that I bend my fingers multiple times a day, it's taking much longer for the skin to heal. As such, while regular usage has resulted in a far more comfortable finger, this still lacks the softness that I would normally associate with that area. It's not surprise that these have been helping, given that shea butter makes up a big part of the ingredient list, and this has moisturises the skin and acts as an anti-inflammatory, as well as macadamia oil for their soothing, hydrating and restorative properties.

 

These are scented with natural essential oils only, with may chang, patchouli, lemongrass, lime and lemon myrtle and rose geranium making up the fragrance for Indulgence. Relaxing has notes of lavender, roe geranium, geranium, cedarwood and frankincense. There is a third one, Happiness, which sounds equally gorgeous. These are all cruelty free, vegan and available for $14.95 online here, as well as at selected health food stores, pharmacies and retail outlets. What is your holy grail hand cream for the Winter?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts