Review: RoC Retinol Correxion Line Smoothing Max Hydration Cream

While we managed to have one of the wettest Summers on record this year, I feel like people aren't quite talking enough about just how dry and cold it has been so far this Winter in Australia. I mean, I do realise that my skin changes it's requirements as I get older, but the weather does contribute to the way it feels rather significantly. and my skin is really feeling it this year. It is important to start the day right, and make sure that you're staying hydrated while your skin is being exposed to environmental stressors, but you also have to make sure that you're picking the right products to help your face recover overnight, so that you can be ready to take on the day!

 

I've been using the RoC Retinol Correxion Line Smoothing Max Hydration Cream, which is touted as an anti-wrinkle treatment that is meant to deliver softer and smoother skin in 1 week. This is supposed to keep the skin hydrated for 48 hours, keeping it smooth and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It contains hyaluronic acid and retinol as the two main ingredients to help achieve those goals, and it all comes packaged in a gold jar with a screw lid.

 

The cream itself has quite a thick creamy yellow consistency, but it doesn't take much to thin it out, and smooth over the skin. While it is thick, it doesn't take very long for this to be absorbed, and I really love that it doesn't leave the skin feeling particularly greasy, because while I want my skin to be hydrated, I don't appreciate it when I end up with that tacky, oily sensation, where it just ends up feeling too heavy on the skin. 

 

Regular usage of this has led to my skin feeling smoother and looking like it's actually quite well moisturised. I layer this over my evening serum, and face oil, as well as eye serum, and it doesn't seem to interact with any other bits of skincare, which I truly appreciate. I really love that this delivers on what it promises with acting as an anti-ageing product, while also packing quite a bit of a punch when it comes to hydration.

 

For my first experience with RoC, this has been a welcome addition to the rotation, and I am really looking forward to trying other products from the range, particularly their eye cream, because the next few weeks are going to be hectic! This retails for a reasonable $42.99, and can be found both in store and online at Chemist Warehouse. What is your favourite RoC product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts