Review: Grown Alchemist Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser


Looking back to when I was a teenager and when I didn't use a cleanser... Doesn't it blow your mind that you used to have gaps in your skincare rotation, and it didn't bother your skin one bit? Perhaps you're still leaving things out of your rotation, in which case, this would serve as a nice little reminder that you need to stock up on your cleanser, and whatever other products you might be lacking! And while you're out and about, shopping for those essentials, you might want to keep the Grown Alchemist Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser in mind!

 

Grown Alchemist is a minimalistic brand that has a relatively limited, but excellent core range, and their products are housed in quiet packaging that doesn't serve to draw you in. However, once you've tried some of their stuff, rather than viewing it as a utilitarian product, you'd grow to appreciate the lack of fussiness of the collection, from the products that work, down to their packaging. The Gentle Gel Facial Cleanser is another product where there is beauty in simplicity.

 

So, what do you get when you're forking over $49.95 for an amber pump bottle containing 200 ml of cleanser? This has chamomile in it, to help calm and soothe the skin, while bergamot and willow bark are included to assist in reducing the appearance of pore size, and that of age spots. Cold pressed rose petals can help leave the skin looking toned and soothed, aloe vera helps in calming and skin, leaving it supple. Essentially, from what I can glean, this cleanser aims to help you take the day away while primarily soothing the skin - no crazy claims, just something efficient that also calms the skin.

This blend of beautiful botanical extracts comes together in the form of a light, gel cleanser that gets a little foamy when you work it between your hands. I find one pump to cover my face sufficiently, and I love that this doesn't strip my skin of it's natural oils, and that unlike other gel cleansers that I tried in my younger years, this isn't harsh at all, and my skin absolutely loves it. I will say that it doesn't completely remove all the remaining traces of my stubborn eyeliner, but otherwise, it's great!

 

My skin is left feeling soft and supple, and overall, refreshed. Grown Alchemist is available at a number of different places, including David Jones and their own online store, which you can find over here. If you're adding this to your cart, make sure that you also grab their Intensive Hand Cream, and you can read my review of this hand cream via this link. Have you tried anything from Grown Alchemist?

Comments

Popular Posts