Review: Manuka Doctor ApiRefine Illusionist Rapid Lift Mask

It's been a minute since I last talked about a face mask, and that's honestly one of my favourite things about skincare, so I'm back now to talk about a brand that has made it into the regular rotation, and that is Manuka Doctor, with their ApiRefine Illusionist Rapid Lift Mask. I have tried their products before and liked them, so I was hoping that this would live up to my expectations.

 

The Manuka Doctor ApiRefine Illusionist Rapid Lift Mask retails for $59.95. and for that, you get 40ml of product in a heavy jar. Rather than the masks that I use when I get home from the gym/before I have a shower, which also includes washing my hair, this doesn't cause much of a mess, and is best considered as a little pick me up to help rejuvenate the skin before putting your face on and heading out into the world. 

 

The mask is more like a heavy duty cream, and it's designed so that you can spread it over the face, wait for 10 minutes, then simply wipe off the excess, revealing skin that looks refreshed and smoother. This boasts the ability to visibly reduce the appearance of wrinkles by utilising purified bee venom and chicory root to help tighten the skin. There is also shea butter and manuka honey present to soften and hydrate the skin, while vitamin E works hard in protecting the skin against free radicals. 

 

The product itself is cream coloured, and it's consistency is very thick. It doesn't take much to smooth this over my face, and I really like that it doesn't slide around, and instead, sits on the skin, and slowly dissipates. By the time I'm 10 minutes into it, most of the product is already gone, leaving not very much behind that I need to clean off. 

While I was really looking forward to seeing if this would help the appearance of fine lines and tighten the skin, I was sadly a little let down by this. What I do know is that it seems to really hydrate the skin, above all else, and it leaves with skin that looks fresher than before using it. It's not a miracle worker, but it's good for a little something extra. For more information on this mask, make sure you head over to their website. What's been your favourite Manuka Doctor product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts