Review: Antipodes Kiwi Seed Gold Luminous Eye Cream

 
Very often, when it takes me ages to get my act together to write about a product that I've been actively using, it usually means that I've been busy loving it, rather than wanting to sit down and type it all up, or it's that I'm undecided about the product. I'm happy to report that this time, it's definitely the former! I've been using the Antipodes Kiwi Seed Gold Luminous Eye Cream, and it's been a very welcome addition to the usual rotation of daily goodies!

 

As you might know by now, particularly given how often Antipodes has featured on the blog in the last couple of years, Antipodes creates cruelty free, often vegan (as is this product) goodies that come in biodegradable boxes printed in vegetable ink. The products are also housed in recyclable amber-coloured packaging that looks divine in a #shelfie. There is one thing that does make the Kiwi Seed Gold Luminous Eye Cream stand out, however, and that's the label - instead of the usual green, this is a sunny yellow gold shade.

 

Aside from that, you'd find the packaging to be familiar - a glass jar with a black screw lid. Now, what exactly is in this that makes this ridiculously luxurious? Why, it has to be the pure 23k gold flakes embedded in the creamy eye cream, of course! The very base of this is steeped in New Zealand kiwi fruit oil, which is rich in vitamin C, and there is also Vinanza® Grape included in it. 

 

Combined, these ingredients are set up to help moisturise the skin while softening fine lines, making their appearance less obvious. They are also meant to help brighten and lighten the under-eye region, making it so that the dark eye bags are a little less apparent. The texture is creamy, yet light, and you can see little flecks of gold well distributed throughout it. I can't pick up any particular scent to it, and this doesn't react with any of my other skincare/makeup products.

It does seem to help keep the under eye area looking brighter and perkier, which isn't an easy job, as I don't get enough sleep, and I have too much stress in my life generally! I cannot see particularly obvious fine lines around my eyes, and overall, I love how hard, and how well, this seems to work. Retailing for $75 for a jar that contains 30 ml of product, you will get decent bang for your buck, as a little goes a long way. There are various retailers that stock this, including David Jones and Adore Beauty. It truly is worth the money, and I would so put this on my repurchase list! What new product have you tried from Antipodes?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts