Review: MUD (Makeup Design) Longevity Liquid Lipstick

 
I remember when I was younger, and makeup seemed expensive, even the drugstore stuff. I loved playing with makeup, even back then, and while I dabbled in the usual hues of electric blue and silver, all the makeup came from unknown brands that didn't have great staying power, and quite possibly, weren't so good for my skin. Now, however, that has all changed, and budget brands are booming, getting you more bang for your buck, while not compromising hugely on quality. One such brand on the market is MUD, which is readily available at Woolworths.

 

I discovered the brand years ago, when I first started blogging. I ran through a number of their products, and like any other brand, they have some absolute winners, and a few others that don't quite live up to expectations. Their mascaras never quite hit the mark with me, sadly. That said, one of my all time favourite gel eyeliner is from the brand, which wears well, and remains an amazing price, making it an absolute bargain. 

 

When I was offered the chance to try out their Longevity Lipstick, I was very excited, because there's nothing quite like welcoming a brand back into the fold! I was sent Perfect Blush, which is a pinkie coral shade, as well as Perfect Pink, which is a powdery pink shade. This product comes in the form of a liquid lipstick on one end, which you paint on first, followed by the gloss, which you can find on the other end. These both have a doe foot applicator.

In order to use this, you need to first put the colour on clean, dry lips, then wait for two minutes, allowing for it to no longer be wet before putting placing the gloss over it. I find the application to be quite easy, and while the colour is relatively pigmented, I need about 3 coats for my lips to be completely covered. The drying down sensation is odd - it's like you can feel it tighten on the lips.

 

The gloss makes it far easier to move your lips without them feeling weird, and it adds a nice shine. I love that the colour really does stay on, although I cannot tell you if it truly lives up to the claim of 16 hours of longevity! Even after the gloss wears off, the colour sticks around, and after initially feeling a little tight, this does end up being surprisingly light on the lips. It retails for $8.50 each, and you can find them both in store at Woolworths and online over here. What have you tried from MUD?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts