Review: Pai Light Work Rosehip Fruit Extract Cleansing Oil

Ok, I didn't mean to line them up like this, but how funny is it that I did a post on a cleanser, then an oil, and now I'm talking about a cleansing oil? Or am I the only person who finds myself incredibly funny? I suppose that at least one person is entertained by me, even if it's just myself! Ah well... Onto some other topic that isn't me - I've been trying out the Pai Light Work Rosehip Fruit Extract Cleansing Oil, and it's been a delight to use!

 

This is available in a couple of different sizes, including 28 ml, which retails for about $35, and 100 ml which goes for about $68. This cruelty free, certified organic and vegan oil itself is quite a dark orange, and I find the pump on the smaller bottle to work really well - each push gets me a decent amount of product and I find three pumps to be perfect for helping to take the day off. As with all cleansing oils, this is really simple to use. 

 

The trick is to remember to apply it onto dry skin, really working it into the face, so that you can loosen up any bits of makeup that you might still have left on the skin, before emulsifying it with a bit of water. This turns the product into a light milk, which you can then take off with a cleanser, leaving your skin soft, and moisturised, without the day's leftovers.

The cleansing oil has a slightly herbal scent, and the fragrance that jumps out at me the most is something that makes me think of ginseng, but in actuality is made up of a combination of essential oils, including orange, basil and jasmine. This product uses a volcanically sourced CO2 supercritical extraction method for obtainining a blend of Andean rosehip fruit and seed oils, which sounds very fancy. It is made up of rosehip oil to help the skin heal and regenerate, and it is also steeped in omegas 3, 6, 7 and 9 to help keep the skin healthy, as well as antioxidant carotenoids for protecting the skin against environmental stressors.

I love how great this is at removing a lot of my makeup, and it's great for my lazy/overworked days, when I can't be bothered with things like micellar water and patience. It's also particularly wonderful for getting rid of the stubborn traces of things that I need gone, like mascara and eyeliner. This can be found at a number of different retailers, including Adore Beauty, as well as Cult Beauty. Do you enjoy cleansing oils as much as I do, or are you a strictly micellar water kinda babe?

Comments

Popular Posts