Review: Grown Alchemist Intensive Hand Cream


Happy Sunday, my blog fam-bam! I hope you're having a grand one, and that you've all been washing your hands thoroughly still! I am definitely still washing my hands regularly, like, all the time, and making sure that I take the time to lotion my mittens in between all of the drying, moisture stripping action - it's important to replenish what you take from the skin! The skin of my hand appreciates it, and I certainly have had moments in my life when I've had the skin on my knuckles crack and bleed from being too dry, particularly during Winter. So, trust me when I say hand cream is essential!

In a bid to try and mitigate the damage that is being wrecked on my skin, thanks to the weather and the drying effects of hand washing and hand sanitisers, I've been trying out a Grown Alchemist hand cream, and it certainly has had a good effect on my hands. Their Intensive Hand Cream Persian Rose, Argan Extract, comes in a metal tube with a screw cap, and I would definitely recommend squeezing this from the bottom up, in order to make sure that you get every last bit of it out, as much as I'm a middle of the tube rebel.

 

As rich as this first feels when you apply it, this does dry down really nicely, after a few minutes, and the non-greasy formula makes it so that you don't feel like you can't handle opening a jar of pickles, which means you don't have to sacrifice having moisturised hands over day to day living. I probably over think these things, but seriously, it sometimes does feel like it comes down to those two things! This also has a light scent that is a bit of a cross between roses and mandarins for me, which I do love.

 

This incorporates ingredients like Persian Rose, Tamanu Oil and Argan extract, rich in Vitamin A and Omegas 3, 6 and 7 to help improve the skin barrier and restore moisture levels. There is also Hyaluronic Acid for additional hydration, as well as Tocopherol-Vitamin E and Polyphenols from Pomegrate and Grapeseed Oil to provide antioxidants to help fight free radicals.  

This is both light enough so that it doesn't feel cloying on your hands, yet thick enough to soothe the cuticles, which is a really hard balance to get right. Going for $30 for 65 ml of product, this can be found at a number of retailers, including David Jones, and on their website.

Comments

Popular Posts