Review: Garnier Skin Active BB Cream Perfecting Care All-in-One

I can still remember when BB creams hit the market, and it was an absolutely revolutionary product - I mean, this probably heralded the start of the skincare/makeup hybrid - makeup that also worked like skin-loving products? That's just groundbreaking, right? Since then, we've seen a myriad of products tumbling off the conveyor belt, and they have been one leap after another, and now we have come just about full circle, back to one of the original BB creams that we loved when it hit the market, but just how well does this measure up?

 

I'm talking about the new Garnier Skin Active BB Cream Perfecting Care All-in-One, of course, and I have to say, it's been a pleasure trying this out! To begin with, this product is now housed in what I can perceive to be a more sustainable packaging, which is a brown tube made of cardboard with 49% less plastic. It comes in a 100% recyclable box too, which I appreciate. Sadly, while the light shade matched me, I was disappointed to see that this only came in light and medium. Given that the shade range is so limited, they would certainly be missing out on catering to a very large population of people.

 

I like that this has a creamy texture, and given that my preference is still sheer coverage, a little goes a long way, and I find that I don't need more than a small blob of it to cover my skin. If you're looking to get medium coverage, you can simply use a bit more BB cream to achieve that goal, and I find that this doesn't end up looking cakey or thick on the skin - it remains looking relatively natural. For me, a light tint that makes me look fresh and dewy, particularly when combined with some liquid highlighter, is exactly the note that I want to hit with this.

 

Much like the original BB cream, this also has the added benefit of being awesome in that aside from providing a base for you to work from, this also acts like skincare. It contains hyaluronic acid, which is great at helping to hydrate the skin, while the SPF 15 in it can provide a very small amount of protection from the harmful effects of the sun. Let me just state that I don't think this is enough protection, and that I would always recommend using SPF 50 under your makeup. 

 

This retails for around $17, and if you're like me, then a little will go a long way, and you won't be using much of this at all. It's now available at a number of retailers, including pharmacies and The Iconic, so you can chuck it into your car the next time you buy some active wear! What is your absolute favourite BB cream?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. A combination of salicylic acid, vegetal charcoal and blueberry extract makes this product a catchall for all your skincare needs. It unclogs pores and removes excess oil, while exfoliating, for clear, blackhead-free skin.
    garnier skin active cream price in pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used different bb creams for my daily rouitine but honestly garnies is best amont all of them Korean hydrating sheet mask online in pakistan
    wireless headphones online in pakistan
    imported baby food formula online in pakistan super easy to apply and abosrb in seconds

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts