Review: Playboy Play It Wild EDT *

  
I must admit, when I think of Playboy, bunnies immediately come to mind, believe it or not. I certainly don't think about perfume, so I was excited to try this cute little bottle out when it came in the mail recently.


Firstly, this comes in a leopard print box which contains, wait for it, a leopard print bottle! There is a removable cap that's shaped like bunny ears, which is black, that also has a hot pink bow on it. This being my first Playboy perfume, I have to say, it's pretty much what I thought it would look like.

That said, the scent is actually quite different from what I thought it would be like. For a perfume with wild in the name, this smells quite warm, and if anything, is more sensual, and feels like a hot Summer's night. 

Top notes: Bergamot, Pear, Neroli
Heart notes: Orange flower, Orangette and Cola Accord, Rhubarb
Base notes: Vanilla, Dry Amber, Violet


Of all the scents above, what I'm picking up on the most is a mix of the vanilla, neroli and dry amber, all of it ending in a powdery finish. This actually reminds me of something else that I once had when I was younger.

Sadly, given that it is an eau de toilette, this seems to fade rather quickly on me, but can still be picked up if I press my nose to my wrists. Otherwise, this is a sweet, citrusy scent that doesn't come on too strong and has a pleasant balance of notes.


You can find this at Chemist Warehouse and at Priceline from October, and it will only set you back $14.95 for 75 ml.

Have you tried any of the Playboy scents? What do you think of the bottle?

* This product was provided for my consideration, but my opinions, as always, are my own




Comments

  1. I haven't tried this but ive tried their deodorant and it smells like lollies, when i was little i always thought they used gummy bears fir a lot of the perfumes haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts