Review: Q+A Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cleanser

 
Happy Monday, my beauty babes! It's been a heck of a big weekend, and I think I might actually still be recovering from it, but hell, I'm happy, and that is what matters in life. And sleep - but I'll get a few more zzzs in tonight, so fingers crossed I feel more normal tomorrow! Now, I am talking about one of my favourite active ingredients and that is Hyaluronic Acid!

 

I still remember when I first discovered it's benefits for my skin, and honestly, it's been hard to look back since. Sidenote: I know someone who is actually allergic to hyaluronic acid, and if you are, I'm so sorry, that's gotta suck! Fear not, however, there are still plenty of other active ingredient fish in the skincare ocean, so there's lots of other products that would be better for your skin! I've used hyaluronic acid in various forms, but this might be the first time I've used it as the sole active ingredient in a cleanser!

 

What exactly does it do for your skin? It is designed to help retain water, which means that it has moisturising properties, resulting in plumper and smoother skin that stays better hydrated. How does that translate when it's placed into a product that is supposed to remove things like dirt, oil and leftover makeup? Quite well, actually! I feel like gel cleansers still get a bad rep for stripping the skin of moisture, despite the number of excellent ones I've tried over the years, but we need to keep in mind that those were the ones we reached for more when we were younger and also happened to have more problematic skin.

 

Instead, this clear gel cleanser, which comes in a tube with a flip lid, takes off the traces of the day without drying out the skin. It's really easy to like, because it doesn't irritate the skin and it leaves my face feeling soft and clean. Aside from hyaluronic acid, it also has coco betaine, which is a cleansing agent that is supposed to help the oil balance, as well as aloe vera, which also hydrates the skin while protecting it from environmental contaminants. Aloe vera is also rich in vitamins and minerals, and it can be quite soothing for the skin.

 

I'm almost at the bottom of the tube, and I cannot love this more than I already do! My skin feels quite soft after using it, and while I would not recommend using this to take off your makeup, I would tell you to use it for taking what's left of it off, because it's quite good at doing so. Q+A is currently available here in Australia at Priceline, both instore and online. Vegan and cruelty free, this is also suitable for most skin types. Click on the link here if you're after more information! Would you use this cleanser?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. How do you feel about hyaluronic acid as an internal supplement for skin hydration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems a very descriptive and informative blog post about how hyaluronic acid benefits the skin when it comes to lightening and brightening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts