Review: Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara in Cosmic Black

 

I feel like the search for the perfect mascara never ends! Sure, I've had my fair share of wonderful and actually holy grail type mascara, but I'm always on the look out for that Next Big Love, when it comes to mascara! It's definitely the type of product where I think, sure, the volume is good, but could the lashes be longer? Wow, the lashes are quite long, but could they maybe be darker? You get my drift - my end goal is lashes for days, with enough power to blow someone away with just one flutter. 

 

I was recently gifted the Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara in Cosmic Black, and it's definitely one worth trying out if you're after one that adds a bit of length, but is primarily so dark that it actually gives you the illusion of lashes that are so voluminous that it's just like having a pair of blackout curtains for your lashes.

 

So, what does Maybelline say about the Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara? They claim that this is a washable mascara formula that's infused with bamboo extract and fibres to give you long full lashes that don't get weighed down. It's also not meant to clump and be comfortable for all day wear, all while giving length and volume with intense black pigments. The packaging also includes their exclusive Flex Tower mascara brush that bends to volumise and extend every lash from root to tip.

 

The brush is relatively slim, ensuring that you're able coat each lash nicely, and get into the tricky spots where the shorter lashes are. I love that this really doesn't clump, nor does it smudge, and that my lashes look darker, which is a feat for someone with already black lashes, and my lashes also look more fanned out as a result of using this.

 

Those are my favourite things about this mascara, but I have to say, it's not particularly washable - even when I use micellar water, I end up with panda eyes at the end of my shower. I would recommend using an oil based makeup remover instead to take it off. This retails for $25.99, and it can be found wherever Maybelline is stocked, including Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and Oz Hair and Beauty. What's your favourite Maybelline mascara? 

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts