Review: No 7 HydraLuminous Water Surge Gel Oil Free

It's Monday, and you know what that means! It's time to get up, roll out of bed, set your intentions for the week and make sure you have your best face forward, so that you can get ready to take on your work! Mondays are classically the busiest day of the week when it comes to the veterinary industry, given that some clinics shut over the weekend, and there are times when people would wait to see their vet - not always advisable, by the way - and this means that it can be an incredibly stressful start of the work week for me. Also, hot tip - never wait until the final 30 minutes of a clinic being open on a Friday evening to call, after watching your pet for the deteriorating over the last 3 days. That is known as a Friday Night Special, and trust me, that is never a great situation for anyone, least of all your pet. But I digress! 

 

And there is no way to put your best face forward unless you actually have your best face on, and that all starts with your skincare, which is how you can hydrate your skin, so that you can have the perfect base to support your makeup. The one product that has been making a big splash (hydration pun included), and that I have been using day and night, is the Boots No. 7 HydraLuminous Water Surge Gel.

 

This comes in a firm blue jar, with a white screw top cap, which, once removed, reveals a bouncy gel texture face moisturiser. It spreads easily on the skin, and given it's light consistency, this gets absorbed in no time at all. I love that this doesn't leave my face feeling tacky or sticky, nor does it actually result in oily, slippery skin. Instead, this gives me hydrated skin that feels smoother and seems to help hold my makeup on better.

 

This is incredibly light on my skin, and I feel like the effects don't just last for the period that it is on my face, and that it does continue helping it stay hydrated. This has a pollution shield that protects against environmental pollutants, and it works it's magic using their No7's HydraDrench complex, which is created with naturally derived plant hydrators.

 

I can honestly say that this seems to work incredibly well on my skin, keeping it soft and moisturised, and absolutely not reacting with any other products that I put on my face, which I love, because there is absolutely nothing more disappointing than having a really nice moisturiser that pills and doesn't stay on the face! This retails for $27.99, and is now available in store at Priceline, as well as via their online store. What have you tried from the brand?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts