Review: Vieve Lip Dew

Who here is looking forward to the shorter days, and the darker nights? I know I'm not! Look, I don't mind Winter, but it's definitely not my favourite season, given that it's cold very often, and that laundry doesn't dry in a matter of hours. However, I will admit to loving Winter fashion, because you can rug up and wear the cutest boots, and nothing quite beats Winter looks with a dark smokey eye. Ok, so Winter can actually be pretty cool - pardon the pun - but man, it really dries out your skin and everything else!

 

Thankfully, I have something that is both gorgeous and functional, rather than utilitarian, which is what some Winter products can be like, and I'm talking about the Vieve Lip Dew. This stuff is legitimately gorgeous, as you can tell from the pictures, and works a treat! Once I tried it, though, I wanted to learn more about the brand. What's the story behind Vieve, and what is the range like? 

 

Named after the founder, Jamie Genevieve, a Scottish makeup artist and content creator, the word Vieve means 'full of life' and her passion project has evolved into a range of makeup brushes, two eyeshadow palettes, a blusher, a highlighter, a bronzer duo and numerous lipsticks, among other stunning products. I acquired the Vieve Lip Dew out of curiosity, and as my first foray into the brand, I can honestly say that this has left me wanting to try more.

 

This is essentially a lip oil/gloss almost hybrid. I say almost, because even though it's supposed to be non-sticky, I do find this to be somewhat sticky, but not as much as traditional lip gloss can be. I notice it most when I've been using a straw or when the wind kicks up and lands your hair on your lips. It also doesn't have the slippery oil texture of a lip oil, but instead, sits quite nicely without sliding off your lips, and I love that this works well on it's own, or as a lip topper, over lipstick. 

 

It contains raspberry seed oil extract, which can act as an anti-inflammatory, while the addition of green tea is meant to help soothe dry and chapped skin. Aside from the glossy finish, it also contains beautiful gold shimmer, which really adds to the shine. I can see this becoming a staple in my makeup bag, and I would definitely recommend it. You can grab your own from Cult Beauty over here. Have you tried anything from Vieve? 

Comments

Popular Posts