Review: Milani Anti-Gravity Mascara

 

I love that the gap seems to get smaller over time - there was once an age when we couldn't get certain skincare/makeup products from certain brands that were rampant in the US of A. I mean, who here remembers when Bath and Body Works was as common as Starbucks in the States, while being non-existent here in Australia, and you'd always make sure that you'd actually put some time aside to load up on some gorgeous goodies? And of course, I remember when brands such as Wet n Wild and NYX weren't anywhere on the horizon here, but, oh, but my heart reserves a special place for today's brand, which wouldn't be here, if not for Priceline, and that is none other than Milani.

 

For people who are new to the brand, welcome - you have a lot to look forward to! Milani was a big part of my formative years when it came to makeup. Like all little sisters who grew up in the 90's, I had to learn about skincare and makeup from flipping through glossy magazines and loitering in pharmacies, as well as blossoming under my sisters' tutelage. I remember when my oldest sister offered me some eyeshadow singles, and they were from Milani, and they were wonderfully glittery and bright and absolutely not right for my skin tone, but I loved the hell out of them.

 

As I got older, I grew to appreciate a number of products from the brand, including their Baked Blushes, and my favourite is what everyone seems to regard as a dupe for NARS' Orgasm, which is the shade Luminoso - if you haven't tried it yet, make sure you do yourself a favour and reach for that, because I have run through no less than three of them! Given that this has so far read like an ode to the brand, it shouldn't surprise you babes to know that when the Milani Anti-Gravity Mascara landed on my desk, I was beside myself with glee!

 

This boasts the ability to deliver volume, length and lift with their intense black formula that doesn't smudge or clump when applied. It's supposed to give you up to 24 hours of smudge-proof wear, and this cruelty free and vegan mascara is enhanced with castor oil and plant and fruit-based waxes nourish the lashes. This comes in a glossy gold and black tube that contains an hourglass shaped wand, and it certainly does coat my lashes really well!

I find that this does not smudge on me, which is honestly nothing short of a miracle. It does look like it creates more length to them, and volume, but sadly, doesn't really lift and curl my lashes like I'd like for them to. Using an eyelash curler does make a difference, but they don't hold the curl terribly well. That said, it may be the best I've seen with a non-waterproof mascara! This retails for $23.99, and it will be available in Priceline stores in July! What are you loving from Milani?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts