Review: Ayu Kapha Body Oil

 

Who thinks that the days just went from warm and humid to suddenly cold all the time, except for pockets of moments in the sunshine? I feel like my toes are perpetually cold, and that I really need to be in front of a heater, or fire, at all times, and I'm betting it's not just me who feels that way! Of course, there is the added bonus of me needing to reach for a lip balm all the time, which really tells me that my skin is feeling dry all the time. While lip balms help in soothing my lips, body oils have been working their magic on my body.

 

The best thing about being obsessed with a kind of skincare or makeup category is that it's always exciting to try something new. That said, the downside is spending your money on products that may not work for you, and I do have to be honest on my blog, and say that the Ayu Kapha Body Oil doesn't really tick all the boxes for me. While the texture is pretty good, it didn't quite deliver what it promised to.

I bought this a few months ago from Sephora, as I was looking to try something, anything, from a brand that was new to me, when I stumbled across the Ayu Kapha Body Oil, which is marketed as a 'stimulating blend of 8 powerful herbs known to invigorate and uplift the senses'. I really liked the sound of that, and the claims of it being a natural exfoliant packed with antioxidants made me sit up and pay attention.  

Sadly, this felt more like something that was better on paper than in person for me. This body oil comes in a glossy, black glass bottle with a dropper, which I found more cumbersome than anything else. This is quite a greasy oil that does dry down a bit to be comfortably absorbed by the skin, and it has a strongly 'herbal' scent, which is made up of a combination of frankincense, lime and neroli - a mix that's not quite my vibe.  

 

Made up of a mix of oils, including sesame oil and rice bran oil, this particular oil didn't really bowl me over with it's scent, and while moisturising, I didn't think that the results stood out when compared with what I saw with using other oils. The one thing I did enjoy would be the texture, once it dried down. Overall, not a winner for me, sadly, but I am still keen to try other oils from the range! If you've tried Ayu before, which one did you go for, and what's your favourite thing about it?

Comments

Popular Posts