Review: Naked Sundays SPF Clear Glow Radiant Sun Serum

 

As much as I've seen trends rise and fall in skincare and makeup over the years, I never cease to be amazed by just how much technology has evolved in order to actually create products that are what we want, and more so to the point, products that we didn't know we needed and lusted after until after it got invented. The Naked Sundays SPF Clear Glow Radiant Sun Serum is one such product that I never thought we'd ever get to see, but here we are!

 

Raise your hands if you've ever been victimized by a high SPF product leaving a white cast on your face. If you didn't raise your hand then, be honest - do you even use sunscreen every day on your face? Yeah, I thought so! For those of use who have had streaks show up on our faces after thinking we'd rubbed it into the skin sufficiently, or were left with a mask-like appearance to the face, I do greatly appreciate the magic of this Naked Sundays product!

 

What exactly is this, and why am I crushing so hard on it? This silicone based sunscreen is completely clear and gives the skin a satin finish, while bathing the skin in anti-oxidant infused goodness. This has a runny consistency, which is more akin to that of a serum, but it definitely has a very slippery feel to it. That said, though, when I apply this to my face, it seems to serve pretty well as a primer-type base to help keep my makeup on throughout the day. It seems surprising, considering that it's incredibly slippery.

 

The frosted bottle shows how much of this clear product you have left, which is handy, and also proves that it's not a lie, in that it really is see through!  That's not all it contains, though, obviously, because this wouldn't be skincare if it didn't hold some really excellent ingredients, such as squalene, which can help prevent water loss, while also repairing the skin barrier, keeping it hydrated and moisturised. Steeped in vitamins E and C, as well as folic acid and carotenoids, kakadu plum helps in brightening the skin, fighting signs of ageing and free radicals and plumping the face while also moisturising it. 

 

Last but not least, tomato extract serves the purpose of adding an additional glow to the skin with vitamins C and K, and has the added bonus of acting as an anti-inflammatory, so that your skin can stay calm. Overall, I adore the concept, and the actual product, but I'm also a little perplexed - like, do I use a cream over this (I have been), and how much do I need of this to sufficiently cover my skin so that's protected (three squirts is my guess)? And while I like that this doesn't seem to interact with any other bits of skincare/makeup, my skin type is normal to dry, and it does make me wonder if the slippery of nature of this may not entirely work with oily/combination babes. If you're curious and want to grab your own, you can head to Mecca over here. What's your favourite SPF product?

Comments

Popular Posts