Review: Luk Beautifood Lipstick Crayons

 

It's time to talk about something beautiful, or rather, beautifood! As someone who would count herself as a lipstick aficionado, I would wager that I've swallowed my fair share of lip products at this point in my life, and quite possibly more than the average person of my age, as I tend to reapply my lipstick regularly, and eat as often as I can! Being a little familiar with Luk Beautifood, I was delighted to see their new goodies arrive on my desk.

 

If lipsticks in pencil form are your thing, then you'll definitely want to try this one! If they aren't, well, this will probably change your mind! Firstly, let's talk about all the good things that we know about this lippie, and that's even before trying the product itself. It is cruelty free, certified toxin free, of 100% natural origin and made from food. It also arrives in recyclable packaging, and has the added bonus of being an Australian product.

 

There is a good chance that you're now interested in hearing more about it, so I won't waste any time and we can dive straight in! This aims to deliver long lasting, highly pigmented lip colour that is both hydrating, and creamy. I love that the lid of the pencil is made from compostable materials that are meant to help reduce carbon dioxide emissions,while the pencil itself comes from sustainably grown wood.

 

Does this vegan lip crayon actually deliver on the promises? Well, does it ever! From the very first slick of lippie, I found the pigmentation to be strong and stunning! Caramel Kiss (pictured here with Lychee Sorbet) has to be my favourite shade, and I love that it both works as a liner, so that I can give my lips a fuller appearance, and does a great job of covering my lips. It is really creamy, and does feeling quite hydrating. I love that I can just rub my lips together and this does such a great job of spreading over them again. 

 

Sadly, though, given how creamy this is on the lips, it doesn't seem to stick around for long, for someone who is constantly snacking. It is also a little annoying, that like all pencils, it needs sharpening. That said, the rich, slightly matte finish is good with just about any look, and it sits comfortably on my lips, which make sense, given that it's full of organic coconut oil and plant waxes, as well as being full of antioxidant rich vitamin E. Interested in getting your own? Grab your own here for $24.95 each. What have you tried from Luk Beautifood?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts