Review: Ouai Rose Hair and Body Oil

Who doesn't love a multi-tasker? I mean, there are clear lines about what kind of multi-taskers I like, and what I don't. For example, the one kind of multi-tasker that I wouldn't trust in a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. First of all - what is that even? And secondly, you cannot tell me that you have tried one that performs better than a separate shampoo and conditioner duo, because that simply does not exist. I'm sorry, it's a bit of a soap box, but really, hands up, anyone who was ever victimised by a 2-in-1 shmpoo and conditioner, and hands down if you would use one in this day and age, because I don't want to know!

 

Right, well, now that everyone knows how I feel about them, let's talk about a multi-tasker that's worth shedding a light on! I was looking at some products online when I stumbled across the Ouai Rose Hair and Body Oil, and having had excellent success with Ouai previously, I wanted to try it out, as it fed both my body oil obsession, and also my need for a new hair oil. 

 

This cruelty free oil comes in a clear bottle with a white pump, making it easy to gauge how much you have left in it. The two main ingredients that make this up are rosehip oil and absinthium oil, as well as oils from various other plants, including sunflower seed oil, apricot kernel oil and sativa seed oil. The addition of shea oil also adds to it's hydrating abilities. These are all blended together with a light, beautiful rose scent, which is that of their Ouai Melrose Place. 

 

The oil is quite rich, and more so, if you're heavy handed with it. However, if you aren't particularly liberal, then it can be thinned out quite nicely, and be absorbed relatively quickly. I find about two to three pumps to work nicely for each leg, and for the body, it takes me about eight pumps to cover all of the skin, without it being left greasy and slippery. The scent is light and delicious, and when you've covered in it, it smells just divine.

However, as a hair oil, I found this to be too heavy for me, even when I dialled it back to about two to three drops of product. While this made my hair shiny, it also weighed it down, and as such, I don't love this as a leave-in hair oil. As a body oil, I feel like this is where it really shines! This oil retails for about $50, and you can buy your own bottle at Cult Beauty online. What is your favourite multi-tasking product?

Comments

Popular Posts