Review: Alpha-H Protection Plus Daily SPF 50+

As we head towards the cooler months, we are often treated to a last hurray from Summer, and I feel like we're going through that right now. The days get warmer again for a little bit, and the days are still long, but the humidity has stopped, and it's just a beautiful time of year. Of course, having blue skies and bright days means that you really, really, really need to be slipping, slapping and slopping that sunscreen on, so there's no better time to talk about the Alpha-H Protection Plus Daily SPF 50+ than right now!

 

While I have a number of holy grail sunscreens that I absolutely adore, I try not to get too attached to them, should they stop becoming available in the future. Sure, I will definitely go back to a number of them, but I am also aware that brands change their formulation/stop producing certain products over time, and so, it's good for me to spread the love a bit, so that there's always a product that I'd be happy to have on my face. With that in mind, I purchased the Alpha-H Protection Plus Daily SPF 50+ (and full disclosure - there was a gift with purchase, so, you know, I pretty much had to).

 

The Alpha-H Protection Plus Daily SPF 50+ comes in a white tube with black lettering, and a screw cap, making it a pretty secure design to chuck into your bag. I was caught off guard initially when I first squeezed it out of the tube, as it came out a beige shade, and I didn't realise that it was a tinted sunscreen. Thankfully, while it is a tinted suncreen, it's effect is relatively minimal. However, what I then discovered, and didn't know at first either, was that this was a mattifying sunscreen too.

Because of this, for someone who is always chasing that all day glow, I could not appreciate the finish of this enough, sadly. However, there are lots of other good points about this, and it would be appropriate for someone who enjoys this sort of a finish. This has broad spectrum coverage, which means that you're covered for UVA and UVB exposure, and truly does result in a matte finish. The texture starts off being creamy, then dries to leave the skin feeling non-greasy. It actually is a very pleasant sunscreen - it's just a shame that it does everything it claims to, because I would love it so much more if it had a different finish!

 

This is also vegan, cruelty free and Australian made. There is the inclusion of mango seed butter and pomegranate seed oil for hydration, and this is actually also a good primer for makeup. Overall, if you're looking for a tinted sunscreen with a matte finish, you can't look past this one! However, if you're like me, and you're far more into having glowing skin and you'd prefer not to wear a tinted moisturiser, then you should search elsewhere. This can be purchased online at Adore Beauty for $65. What's your holy grail facial sunscreen?

Comments

Popular Posts