Review: Naxos Apothecary Hand Cream in Chalki

 

One of my favourite things about going overseas is buying all the stuff that we can't get easily (or at an equivalent price) here, and I love exploring drugstores - they are one of my most frequented places when I'm away from home! Another thing about travelling - I've said it before, and I'd say it again - a mark of how much someone loves you is whether they'd share their luggage space with you or not, and I'm very fortunate to say that I know some incredibly selfless people who love me! Let's face it - luggage space is limited, and if someone is giving you some of it, then you're loved!

 

On that note, I count myself very lucky to have some incredible clients at my day job, and I was recently gifted some gorgeous things from one of my favourite clients who, very thoughtfully, bought me some presents while she was in Greece, including this beautiful hand cream! I'm sure that we've all heard of Korres - in fact, I recently posted about one of their face masks over here - which is available at Mecca here in Australia. Well, Naxos Apothecary came from the same creator of Korres, so you can expect that level of excellence that we've seen from Korres! 

 

I was given the Naxos Apothecary Hand Cream in Chalki, which carries a woody and spicy scent. It starts off with top notes of pear and spearmint, and contains base notes of sea foam and sandalwood. At the very core of it, it has fragrance notes of rosemary and orange flower. This comes contained in a metal tube that has a small screw cap. When I first opened this, I caught a mishmash of herbal scents before my nose adjusted, and I could pick up sandalwood, spearmint and rosemary. When it dies down, as the cream gets absorbed, it leaves behind hints of pear and something floral, which must be the orange flower. 

The hand cream is thick and creamy, and you need perhaps about 1 cm of product to come out of the tube to cover your hands sufficiently well. While I wasn't surprised that I didn't need a huge amount to moisturise my hands nicely, given that it's quite thick, I was really impressed with the texture! This smooths down and spreads over the skin beautifully, and it doesn't leave a greasy or slippery feel on the hands. I love that this leaves my hands feeling gorgeous and soft, and that the scent gentle wafts towards be as my hands rest next to my head while I sleep.

I've had a look through their website just to browse what we can't get here and sigh and ooh and ahh over the pretty things (although someone has told me that they might be headed to Australia soon!), and their range lives up to the name. There are some beautiful body care and candles and home decor products that have that amber jar, vintage look to it, and I especially like the way the perfumes look! I'm curious to see what products from the range end up hitting our shores, and until then, I'll be sitting right here, patiently waiting for them!

Comments

Popular Posts