Review: Drunk Elephant B-Goldi Bright Drops

When the line between skincare and makeup gets blurry, what do we get? An amazing hybrid that deserves me waxing lyrical about it, in a bid to make sure that everyone gets their hands on one of these gorgeous babies! Let me start at the beginning - I was recently sent an email regarding a new release from Mecca about Drunk Elephant and something that was just about to drop, and as someone who adores that good skin glow, I decided, on a whim, to buy myself a bottle of the Drunk Elephant B-Goldi Bright Drops!

 

This is marketed as an illuminating serum that contains 5% niacinamide, so that it can help keep the skin healthy while also giving the it a golden glow. You can use this in one of several ways - firstly, you can mix a couple of drops of this into your moisturiser, then apply it to your skin, including all over the body, or simply where the sun tends to hit for that extra something. Much like you would use any other liquid illuminator, you can also apply it directly onto the cheekbones, brow bone and the bridge of the nose to help brighten up those points. You can also dab a bit of this onto your lip colour, when it's already on the lips, to help give it that extra pearly appearance.

 

This comes in a small rectangle bottle with a gold screw cap, and it has a very small spout that you can squeeze the product through, which, while a good idea, particularly in theory, so that you don't end up spilling it and losing a portion of it, especially when it's not cheap, but in a practical sense, when it comes to using this, it is actually a little tricky. It takes a very firm squeeze in order to get the product out, and I can imagine that this wasn't designed for people with dexterity issues in mind. 

That said, this can be forgiven, because the product (once you actually manage to get it out) is so gorgeous, you'd be doing your darndest to try and get it out! It has such a nice, light shimmer throughout it, which results in this giving the skin a beautiful, soft dewy finish that just looks like healthy skin, but better! My favourite way to use it is simply after I've applied my skincare for the morning, and before starting on my makeup.

 

I find that this sits well, and it's easy to blend and doesn't react with any other bits of skincare, or makeup, that I use. I would go as far as to say that this is actually more like skincare being disguised as makeup, and that I can foresee myself keeping it in my regular skincare/makeup rotation as a staple product that I'd need to repurchase regularly! For more information on this little gem, head to their website over here, or wait for Mecca to alert you to it's presence. Either way, make sure you get some, because I will be snapping up another bottle soon!


Comments

Popular Posts