Review: JooMo Cleanser and Moisturiser

 

I don't think that people sometimes truly appreciate the amount of science that goes on behind the the creation of skincare and makeup products. Sure, I realise that sometimes it really is greenwashing and amazing marketing, but there is still a lot of technology behind a large proportion of products that we see on the shelves today, and I have been fascinated by one such brand that is touting the benefits of balancing the skin's microbiome, and that brand is JooMo.

 

JooMo markets their products strictly as being 100% natural, without artificial preservatives. This means that they don't contain any additives, foam boosters or sulphates, artificial perfumes, artificial colouring, artificial chemicals, alcohol, mineral oils, petrochemicals, antiseptics or genetically modified by products. Their products are also free from animal testing, contamination, bio accumulation and water toxicity. Above all, they also claim that there are no ingredients that you can't eat in their products!

 

This is also supposed to help enhance skin microbiome in 2 weeks, increasing the skin's natural biodiversity, for healthier skin. How does that end up translating to a product? The website isn't particularly illuminating when it comes to the products, but from what I can glean, the JooMo Cleanser and Moisturiser has a formula that is heavy in honey and orange. This contains unprocessed raw honey, orange juice, orange peel oil, clove leaf oil, cinnamon leaf oil and Chinese cinnamon leaf oil, as well as unrefined sugar and sea salt.

 

It comes in a white bottle with a yellow lever cap (one where you push on one end, causing the opening to come up on the other side), and a firm squeeze of the bottle released a small dollop of this cleanser. It is quite thick, a dark yellow that is reminiscent of marmalade, and smells like honey and molasses, which is actually quite appealing. It doesn't lather up at all, and it goes over the skin smoothly as it's massaged into the skin in rotational strokes.

Once it's washed off, it ends up leaving the skin feeling surprisingly moisturised. I've been impressed by how well this seems to be working on my skin so far, in that my skin just feel smoother and possibly also a little brighter. I can't obviously attest to the microbiome of my skin, given that I don't have the technology to look into myself, but I can say that my skin does seem a little happier.  This is suitable for all skin types, and for more information on JooMo and their products, you can head over their website. I think there's a lot of growth that can happen in this space, so I'll continue to watch it, and update you guys accordingly!

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts