Review: Wella Professionals Ultimate Repair Shampoo and Conditioner

 

Happy Sunday, my gorgeous babes! If you're based in Sydney, then happy long weekend to you too! I've been enjoying my few days off work, which has been perfectly placed, because I'll be running the clinic from next week onward for about a month, so this break has been much needed and even more appreciated! Wish me luck for the next few weeks! Meanwhile, at least, I don't have to worry about my hair, as I've been using the Wella Professionals Ultimate Repair Shampoo and Conditioner!

 

What with all the bleaching, dyeing, topping up my colour, exposing my hair to the elements on a daily basis, probably drying it out by washing it too often, and there is very likely a whole myriad of assaults that I'm leaving off this list, my hair could use all the help it can get after putting it through the wringer regularly! While the shampoo and conditioner differ in terms of what they specifically do, at the core of it, this duo is designed to help damaged, brittle hair that is fragile and prone to breakage.

 

The shampoo comes in a red bottle that contains about 250 ml of product. It's meant to help reverse damage and split ends, while also infusing the hair with hydration and moisture. It's also supposed to help enhance shine and smooth the hair, while reinforcing hair structure and reducing breakage. This is safe for all hair types and textures, while also being suitable for daily use. The formula includes AHA and Omega 9 to help you achieve the goals above.

 

It's easy to tell the conditioner apart from the shampoo, as this comes in a tube with a flip lid, while still being cohesive with the packaging in terms of being in the same red hue. This is meant to provide intense hydration and nourishment for brittle, fragile hair, while helping to smooth and tame it so that you can have less frizzy and more manageable tresses. Like the shampoo, the formula contains AHA and Omega 9, so you can also expect it to help enhance radiance and shine, as well as repairing and strengthening the hair. 

 

The conditioner is also meant to be quite lightweight, and help to provide intense moisture that is supposed to last up to 4 washes, when used in conjunction with the shampoo and treatment. This is made for all hair types and textures, including babes with coloured hair. Curiously, this tube only contains 200ml of product, which, as we all know, isn't great, because I feel like we always run out of conditioner long before we're even close to finishing the shampoo, which, I'm sure, is going to be the case here. 

 

So, how do these truly perform? They have a light pretty fragrance that is barely a whisper on my hair, and the shampoo lathers up a little bit without getting too sudsy. It cleanses without drying it out, and pairs nicely with the conditioner, which lives up to the expectation of being lightweight. This leaves me with a bit of volume in my hair, and while I don't think it adds much in the way of shine to my strands, I do feel like this has helped my hair with breakage issues. These are both vegan and cruelty free, and available at $48 each. Would this range be something you could see yourself using?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts