Review: Real Techniques Glow Finish Blend Extender

 
Is it just me, or have you hit that midweek slump too? When I have long work days, I feel like my makeup needs a bit of extra help to stay looking fresh, and the harsh dry winds and stress don't help. Staying hydrated can be tricky, but I find that a spritz or two throughout the day can be really handy for getting my skin looking fresh. I was given the chance to try out a new spray from one of my favourite brush companies, Real Techniques!

 

The Real Techniques Glow Finish Blend Extender is designed to be used in two ways - you can spray it onto your makeup sponge, then press it onto the skin after applying your foundation in order to help lock in your base, setting your makeup look and getting your face to look fresh. The second way to use this, of course, is to spritz this directly onto the face so that you can refresh your look, as well as your skin.

 

Rather than simply being a setting product, this also has a glow vitamin complex with vitamin C in it that helps to look after the skin barrier, letting it take on a natural glow. There are also electrolytes in this to help provide deeper hydration, which means that this will help your skin stay hydrated for longer. With temperamental weather, this is a welcome addition to the rotation to help stave off dry skin for longer. 

 

I love that this is vegan, which means anyone can use this! I find that when I use this by dabbing it onto my base, this actually seems to really hold it in. On their website, they call it 'makeup magic', and it very well might be! It's also great for refreshing my skin when I'm at work, and in need of a little pick me up for the skin. However, this is also meant to have a lid that locks nicely, so that you can travel with it, and annoyingly, this is the one thing that I'm not loving about it!

 

Rather than actually staying in place, the lid doesn't seem to click into place for me, and the number of times I have actually dropped this accidentally when lifting it by the lid is maddening - you think I would remember that it doesn't stay on! For a drugstore setting spray, this is excellent. However, I'm not a big fan of the packaging, as you might have gathered from that passage above. That said, if it stays in one spot, this is actually fantastic and worth adding to your routine. Do you use a setting spray? 

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts