Review: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream All Over Miracle Oil

Will the allure of body oils ever wane? Probably not. Am I busy trying to purchase and find every single body oil that I can get my hot little hands on right now? Perhaps. Is this all in the name of finding good products, so that I can help you save some money by testing them all for you, or is this just because I have an obsessive personality that enables me to get fixated on one type of product? A little from column A, I suspect, and a lot from column B. I was naturally delighted, of course, to have the chance to try an iconic brand, known for this range, and that is Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream collection!

 

For those of you who may be unfamiliar with Elizabeth Arden and their Eight Hour Cream Collection - where have you been? First created in 1930, the Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant is a multipurpose product that is designed to help soothe and rehydrate skin while also having the added bonus of adding gloss and shine. You can use this on chapped lips, dry cuticles and even on the heels of your feet when you've had a big week of moving around on them. My favourite way to use it is as a pick me up for the skin after it's been battered by wild weather, particularly that sad little under my nose that always gets drier, thanks to my allergies, resulting in constant nose blowing.

 

Since it's release, Elizabeth Arden has created a number of other products in the range, including the All Over Miracle Oil, which is what we're talking about today! Much like the original product that kickstarted everything, this is designed to moisturise for 8 to 12 hours, and comes with a light, pretty floral scent. Made to soothe, hydrate and protect the skin, this also claims to help boost the skin's natural collagen. It can also help soften cuticles, while adding shine to dry and dull hair.

It includes ingredients such as tsubaki oil and grape seed oil, which are both high in fatty acids, and can help in moisturising and soothing the skin, while conditioning it. There is also ginger root extract, which is good for improving the skin tone and texture, while boswellia resin is included for it's ability to help calm red skin and improve skin firmness. Vitamin E can help fight free radicals, while also conditioning the skin. Finally, the addition of avocado, olive and sunflower seed oils, as well as rosemary extract, can also help moisturise the skin and have antioxidant protection properties.

 

This comes in a spray bottle, which means that, in theory, you can spritz this, but the delivery is a little different. Because of the heavy density of the oil, I don't seem to get this to spray as well as I'd like for it to, in that when I'm using products for my hair and face, I prefer a finer mist. As such, I tend to pump this into my hand before applying it to the desired area. This works out well enough for me, and I can still control how much, or how little, I want to get out each time. The oil is somewhere between and oily oil and a dry oil, in that if  I got with a thin layer, I find that I can get this to dry down enough so that my skin is well moisturised without feeling like an oil slick, while still having a little bit of a layer on the skin. While I love it on my skin, I feel like it's a little too heavy for my hair. I find that the scent is light enough that I don't tend to notice it after a couple of minutes, and skin is quite enjoying the benefits of having an extra hit of hydration after being blasted with both sun and cold winds. It sits as a very reasonable $40 for 100 ml of product, and you can find it wherever Elizabeth Arden is stocked, including at their online store. What have you tried from the range?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts