Review: Officine Universelle Buly Huile Antique Damask Rose Dry Body Oil

 
And just like that, we circle back to talking about another body oil! Yes, everyone, the obsession remains strong! And why wouldn't it? The wet, cold weather has me getting all snuggly, and I'm as into the heater as my cat is, and both those factors remain why my skin needs so much extra TLC during the cooler months. I'm happy to report today that the Officine Universelle Buly Huile Antiquie Damask Rose Dry Body Oil is officially one of my current favourites for nourishing the skin, and here's why.

 

This brand is currently exclusive to Mecca, and you can find it over here. It retails for a whopping $73, which only gets you 190 ml of product, but thankfully, you don't need much to stay hydrated, and coupled with the fact that I only trot this out when I want to really treat myself, this bottle has lasted me for a couple of months. Still, it's not particularly budget friendly, so it would be nice to know how this really performs.

 

For someone who moisturises constantly, I find my skin does still get dry in this weather, and it soaks up the body oil beautifully, particularly when it's freshly showered, and still warm. The key ingredients in this are sesame, apricot and coconut oils, which are designed to help nourish and rejuvenate dry and dull skin, as they have a blend of vitamins to keep the skin soft and smooth. There is also the addition of squalene to help keep the skin better moisturised and hydrated, making it more comfortable through the day.

 

This has a heavy scent of roses in bloom, mixed with the mild spiciness of ginger and the smooth fragrance of vetiver, the latter of which you can only catch hints of. It comes packaged in a heavy white glass bottle that has a very antique-y appearance to it, keeping in theme with it's name, and looking like the luxurious product that you'd expect it to be. This has a rounded knob-like screw cap that is easy to remove, and a small opening from which you can pour the product.

 

I cannot stress enough how much I adore this oil - it does feel a little oily when coming out, but once you spread it over the skin, it gets absorbed and dries down beautifully, leaving the skin feeling moisturised, but not tacky, nor does it end up feeling like an oil slick. With the added bonus of it smelling so delicious, you'd be coming back for seconds. The texture of this works so well on me, this truly is worth splashing out a bit of extra dough for. I'm very much looking forward to adding the others to the cart when this runs out, just so I can experience all of the scents! What have you tried from the brand?

Comments

Popular Posts