Review: Frank + Bare AHA Deodorants

 
Deodorants are a tricky business. Growing up in a hot and humid country meant being acutely aware of what you did, or didn't, smell like, and I have, in my many years of being alive, run through a number of different brands, and different types of deodorants. Remember when those crystal ones came out? Yup, tried that. Did anyone else go through a phase of using really masculine scents? Me too! I'm happy to report that while I have a very excellent staple that I gravitate to now, I'm still open to trying new things, and I'm so glad that I am, because I got to get my hands on the lovely Frank + Bare AHA Deodorants!

 

 A quick rundown of the brand - they are the first natural deodorants made in Australia with 5 AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), and this is meant to be effective at dealing with odour, to keep you smelling fresh. This is also supposed to help with ingrown hairs by gently exfoliating the skin, while also reducing skin discolouration and hyperpigmentation. Made up of a blend of moisturising natural oils, AHAs, vitamin E, essential oils and hydrating agents, this also has moisturising properties, and it comes in five different scents, as well as a fragrance free option, so there really is something for everyone. 

 

The magic of Frank + Bare deodorants really seem to boil down to trying to keep the skin at a more acidic pH, which works synergistically with skin flora - essentially maintaining an environment that is conducive to keep more unpleasant bacteria at bay. I currently have it in Magnolia and Black Pepper, as well as Ylang Ylang and Grapefruit, but if those aren't your vibe, you can pick one up in Oak Moss and Myrrh, Spearmint, Coconut and Lime, or one that doesn't have a scent at all.

 

This comes in a hard cardboard tube with a removable cap, and in order to get access to the deodorant, you just have to push it up through the bottom. I love that the packaging is biodegradable and compostable, which feels increasing important in this day and age. The only thing that would make it better is having seeds built into the cardboard, so that you can grow something with it too, but I digress. I like that the scent isn't overwhelming, and this has a creamy, but not smeary, texture to it - enough to cover the area that you want, without it going everywhere. That said, this does result in white streaks on clothes, so just be careful when you put your clothes on. 

 

I've been wearing it comfortably for a few weeks, and I'm surprised and impressed by how well it's working for me! While this isn't an antiperspirant, so you are still going to sweat through it, this is supposed to to have moisture wicking qualities to try and keep you as dry as possible, and I have actually found this to not leave me feeling super moist (sorry to anyone who might have been triggered by that word), which is great. It seems to hold up well to claims of reduced body odours, and my underarm skin does feel quite soft and moisturised. Overall, this has been a successful trial, and I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking to do a switch to a more natural deodorant. What are your thoughts on Frank + Bare?

*These products were provided for editorial consideration


Comments

Popular Posts