Review: Strivectin Super-C Retinol Brighten and Correct Vitamin C Serum

 

We are starting the Monday strong with some goodness, care of Strivectin! I know you've heard me hammer on and on about how great vitamin C is, and how it's one of my favourite actives in skincare, because, heck, something that helps to brighten skin and reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation? Sign me up, am I right? If you're concerned that you may react to it, or that this may not be worth the dough, you might want to keep reading, because this ticks a lot of boxes for me! 

 

This isn't simply a case of vitamin C doing it's job on it's own, as you might have guessed from the name - it's actually two actives working in synergy to help restore clarity and brighten dull tired skin, while also smoothing rough texture and fine lines. This is also meant to help restore elasticity to the skin, while also firming it. Aside from vitamin C and retinol, this also utilises acerola cherry extract, as well as their own patented form of niacin, known as NIA-114™, which is meant to help strengthen the skin barrier.

It sounds like a bit of an all rounder, and potentially a little too good to be true - so, is it? The short answer is - no, it's definitely excellent, but you're going to have to read on for the long answer! So, this comes in an opaque bottle with orange and pink hues as the base colours, and the dropper applicator helps in easing out a small amount, which is good, given that the recommended dose is 1 - 3 drops per use. The serum itself is a dark orange, and I love that the texture of this is thin and light, which makes absorption a breeze, and it sinks into the skin nicely.

 

This has a slightly zesty scent to it, and I like that it doesn't cause my skin to react, in that my eczema has not been triggered by this. Instead, I feel like this has made a difference to my skin, in that it's looking a little perkier, and brighter, and simply, just better! I'm not certain that it's made much of a difference to fine lines and the texture of my skin, but overall, I would rate this a success, and given that I'm getting close to the bottom of the bottle, I think it's safe to say that this is a great product that I'll be finishing!

 

It is a little pricey, considering that this is something that can be found at Priceline, but for $112, which gets you 30 ml of product, this is worth splashing out on. My skin has done well with this, and the timing couldn't be better, coming into Summer! I'm excited to have glowing skin, all ready for the warmer days! If you want to grab your own bottle, hit up Priceline over here. Are you a vitamin C babe like me, or do you prefer other actives?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

  1. Hey, this STRIVECTIN SUPER-C RETINOL BRIGHTEN AND CORRECT VITAMIN C SERUM review looks amazing, would definitely give a try to it. From this face serum, I remembered my hair serum. I would like to share with you my review on H2Pro Marula Oil Serum which is the best hair care product to moisture your hair and give a flaunt look to your hair. You should definitely give a try to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts