Review: Lanolips Lano Face Base Aussie Flyer Mask

 

Now that we're allowed back up into the skies once again, with no sign of things slowing down (hopefully, I'm keeping my fingers crossed regarding this!), I'm starting to think about the reality of flying once again, and that is stuff like dry and problematic skin from a combination of lack of sleep while travelling, the recycled cabin air, and having a 'holiday diet' that is bad for you in more ways than one. While adventures await you, you also have to be realistic about what's out there, and look for ways to combat it, and that means a lot of self care, and little measures to make sure that your skin stays looking good.

 

Given that the second half of the year includes approximately eight flights, with some of them being long haul ones, and possibly more, if I know myself and my insatiable need to spread my wings, it means I've got my work cut out for me to stay on top of combating all of the above. I've been trying out the Lanolips Lano Face Base Aussie Flyer Mask to try and fight all the drawbacks that being in the sky can wreck on my skin, and I have to say, I'm absolutely loving it!

 

This product is actually supposed to be a bit of a multi-tasker, in that you can actually use it both as a face mask that you can wash off after 10 minutes for a little something to help perk up the skin, but also as a leave-on mask (think like an overnight mask) for that deep moisturisation. This is suitable for normal to dry skin types, as well as for sensitive skin, and depending on how large a dollop you get out of the tube, this can go from being transparent to a creamy shade. 

 

It contains ingredients such as mint, ginger and coffee to help boost microcirculation, while also reviving the skin. Lanolin, of course, is included, which helps with hydrating the skin, which the addition of cocoa and shea butters also assists with. Finally, vitamin E is good for defending the skin from environmental stressors. This has a nice velvety texture, but it does have to be thinned out quite a bit for it to be transparent, as this can be quite thick.

 

This Australian made, cruelty free goodness comes packed in a tube with a screw cap that can be a little fiddly, which may be my only complaint about the product. My skin especially likes it for that extra bit of hydration, and when I used it recently after two long haul flights, it seemed to make a big difference to the recovery of my skin. For just $26, you can grab your own tube over at Adore Beauty, as well as other retailers. What's your secret for bouncing back after a big flight?

Comments

Popular Posts