Review: Avene Tolerance Extreme Cleansing Lotion *


Avene is known as a skincare line that makes products for people with sensitive skin, and their minimalistic packaging reflects that keeping things simple is sometimes the best thing for skin. Their new release, the Tolerance Extreme range, includes this little gem, the Cleansing Lotion.

I have long expressed my passion for clever little things, whether it's devices or products, and this newbie from Avene is no exception!


This is meant to remove makeup, soothing while cleansing the skin, and this is gentle on skin. The best part of it is that this is a no-rinse formula, so you don't have to rinse it off afterwards! I know what you're thinking - WHAT? No rinsing? But it's a cleanser! Won't that dry out your face?

Believe it or not, it doesn't, and it's effective at removing all traces of makeup from my face. In fact, for people with dry skin, additional water could further strip the skin of natural oils and dehydrate the face even further. I've tried this with both using a micellar water first, and on it's own, and this stuff is simply brilliant! This is apparently sterile, and let me just be clear and state that it doesn't mean surgically sterile, like it would be in an autoclave, but rather that it's preservative free, and that the products are kep hygienic and nothing gets introduced into the tube.


This is achieved through hermetic patented packaging, so that the product can only be squeezed out and nothing can be sucked in. Winning! The nozzle bit takes a little getting used to initially, as you're squishing the tube, but it's quite fun once you get going. The cleanser is white with a medium type consistency, and all you have to do is gently rub this over the skin in circular motions repeatedly, without scrubbing, then wipe it all off with a cotton pad and hey presto! This is a product that is quite easy to love once you get into it, and I'm definitely a fan!

This has no more than 8 ingredients and it is also alcohol free, which means it reduces the likelihood of further drying of the skin. For $47.95, this will get you 200 ml of product, and it can be found at a number of pharmacies, including Priceline. 

What do you think of a no rinse cleanser? Are you an Avene fan?

* This product was provided for editorial consideration, but my opinions remain my own

Comments

  1. :O no rinse! oh my, that' is something I just cannot get use to, but its' probably good for my dry skin, hmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the hook, I think. I thought it would be weird for me too, but it worked!

      Delete
  2. hello temporary princessđŸ˜¶ I just bought this lotion and i was wondering a pair of things sorry if its too silly, does my face has to be wet before rubbing the lotion over it? and does the cotton pad has to be wet to remove the lotion?? Hope your answerđŸ˜¶đŸ¤—

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts