Review: La Mav Probtiotic Toner

 

I have said this before, and I'll say it again - I feel like the humble toner is an often overlooked piece in the skincare routine, and I remember a time when I was younger and less impressed with the concept of a toner. That has definitely changed, particularly as I've gotten older. It really is just an additional layer in the arsenal that faces me twice daily (and then some) to help keep my skin clear, moisturised and luminous, and the La Mav Probiotic Toner has been a great addition in helping me with my complexion!

 

For those who may not have read my previous coverage on La Mav, you can find them over here, here, here, here, here, here and here. As you can see, being a frequent flyer on this blog, La Mav is a brand that I do love, and it's not surprising that the La Mav Probiotic Toner is something that agrees with my skin! Said to help brighten and balance the skin's micro biome, this is also supposed to aid in repairing the skin's natural barrier, while hydrating, toning and firming it. It's also meant to keep inflammation at bay, soothing the skin and help control sebum secretions, balance the skin's pH, reduce the appearance of pores while improving skin texture, and support natural skin cell renewal. 

 

It contains a blend of probiotics to keep the skin's microbiome in check, and the addition of AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) is there to help with cell turnover, as well as being there to stimulate collagen production and improving the hydration of the skin. Other ingredients include Lilly Pilly Extract, also known as Riberry, and this being a rich source of vitamin C, it can help keep the skin radiant, reducing the appearance of pigmentation, while bilberry and raspberry extracts are present for fighting free radicals. There is also aloe vera leaf juice, as well as lavender flower water to help revitalise the skin, adding to the luminosity of the skin. 

 

This comes in an opaque white bottle with a pull off lid, and the pump allows for a good misting of the toner over the skin, which I appreciate. It doesn't have much of a scent to it, and I love that it is light on the skin. As minor as it seems, I do think that this has been a refreshing and brightening part of my skincare routine. I haven't noticed much of a difference with the appearance of my pores, as they are quire small to begin with anyway, and my degree of hyperpigmentation appears to be much the same.

 

I love that it comes in a spray bottle, which makes application a breeze, and it works well on my skin. This toner is good for babes with oily, combination or normal skin, particularly if you're a bit prone to imbalance and congestion. Sitting at just $39 for 100ml, I feel like this represents decent value, and it's so accessible, you can even find it at Woolworths, and other retailers, such as Nourished Life, Healthy Life, and of course, their own website over here.  

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts