Review: La Mav Glow Beauty Mask

Face masks are such a wonderful pick me up, don't you think? If you're feeling uncentred - slap on a mask! Stuck in lock down and need a mental nudge towards positivity - slap on a mask! About to dust the house from top to bottom, but still want to feed your skin - slap on a mask! Every time I do one, I feel like my skin is happier for it, and so is my mental health. Honestly, it probably adds to my glow! Speaking glow, I've been trying out the La Mav Glow Beauty Mask, and I'm excited to talk about it now!


The La Mav Glow Beauty Mask retails for $59 for 59 ml of product, and this comes in a metal tube with a small and fiddly white cap that is best placed back on the tube once you've washed your hands of the mask. This is meant to help brighten dull and tired skin, bringing the glow back to your face, improving your complexion and skin tone, while helping clear the congestion of your skin as it detoxifies it. What does this contain that is meant to help achieve all those goals?


The key ingredients include Turmeric Extract as an anti-inflammatory, and is meant to help with reducing scarring and improving wound healing. There is also Kakadu Plum, which is seen in a lot of Australian skincare, because of the high concentration of Vitamin C in it, and this is also rich in antioxidants. Pomegranate Seed Oil is also steeped in antioxidants to help fight off those skin ageing free radicals, and it also has Vitamin C and Ellagic Acid to aid in protecting against sun damage and collagen degradation.


The addition of Yellow Australian Clay is to help with drawing impurities out of the skin while removing excess oil and taking off dead skin cells, resulting in complexion that has been refreshed and refined.Licorice Root Extract is uses to improve skin healing, as well as to lighten the skin and battle pigmentation. Aloe Vera Juice and Rose Water are present to help moisturise the skin while revitalising it. It certainly sounds like they crammed a lot of really excellent ingredients into something little!


The mask comes out the tube quite a bright yellow, which I find to be quite cheery, and evokes positive vibes every time I apply it. I find that this is one of those masks that doesn't dry down completely, even after 15 minutes, but definitely isn't runny either. I feel like this does add to my glow a little bit, but sadly, hasn't done as much for my mask-ne (that's mask acne, for the ones in the crowd who haven't heard it before) as I'd like, which is thankfully mild, but has taken the form of persistent spot on my nose. I find that this does make my skin look a little brighter overall, and let's face it, you should be taking brightness wherever you can find it! Get this mask online over here, and while you're at it, let me know what else you're buying! Have you tried any of the La Mav masks?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts