Review: Trilogy Vitamin C Energising Mist Toner

 

If I had to pick one active ingredient as my absolute favourite, I think I would definitely grapple with that, because it really comes down to either Vitamin A or Vitamin C for me. At the core of it, though, I think I secretly (or not so secretly, really. this is a blog after all) love Vitamin C the most - brightens dull skin, adds radiance where it's lacking, and overall, just gives me that glow that I so desperately crave. I mean, how can you not love Vitamin C?

 
And of course, it comes in so many forms, that it's actually really easy to incorporate into your skincare routine. I am currently using the Trilogy Vitamin C Energising Mist Toner, and if you don't have the time to spritz something on your skin, then I urge you to have a look at your time management, because this barely takes up any time at all! The Energising Mist Toner comes in an amber bottle with a spray nozzle that delivers a spritz of Vitamin C directly to the skin.

 
Sadly, this isn't one of my favourite sprays that I've ever tried - I mean, the product is amazing, but this is like a forceful spray that goes all over your face and then some. I don't know if it's just my bottle, or if that's the design across the board, but I wonder if I could get it to spray a little better. It's quite moist, all in one go, and I can't seem to get a finer mist from this. I will say that it is better when it's moved further from your face, but then it sprays a wider region too, and it ends up in my hair. That said, once you're over the surprise of that, you get to enjoy the benefits of this toner, and that's where the magic really lies.

What does this promise to do? This is a very citrusy spray that has been formulated with mandarin and tangerine to help energise the skin, while there is also ylang-ylang present for helping to balance complexions. This is meant to invigorate the skin instantly, and can be used as part of the cleansing routine, or even over make-up, in refreshing the skin throughout the day. You're supposed to spray this onto your skin, and allow it to dry down on it's own without patting it in. Because of it's consistency, and thin texture, this dries down very quickly. The ingredients add to the scent of the product, and both these factors really seem to perk my skin, and my spirits up. It doesn't hurt that it's a heavy spray, too - that also wakes me up!

Retailing for $27.95, you can find this at Priceline and online over on the Trilogy website. That will get you 100 ml of product, and this has helped drag my skin out of the Winter doldrums into the brightness of Spring, so I definitely recommend it! Cruelty free and made in New Zealand, this brilliant toner is certainly one of my favourite Trilogy goodies! What is your favourite Vitamin C product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts