Review: Pur No Filter Blurring Photography Primer in Rose Gold

Do you know what one of the most underrated makeup products of our time is? It has to be the primer! And the other thing that we don't talk about nearly often enough? Liquid highlighters for under your base product. While there are already some highlighting primers on the market, it's always amazing to hear about those two products being married, resulting in a primer that grips your makeup, so that it stays on all day, while also giving you a glow that lasts. The Pur No Filter Blurring Photography Primer in Rose Gold is my new go to baby, and I am here to tell you why.

 

Aside from the packaging looking aesthetically exciting (because who doesn't love a holographic glow?), this is also supposed to moisturise and colour correct. It contains prismatic blurring micro-pearls to add that luminosity to the skin, while also minimising the appearance of pores and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Hemp seed oil, which is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, is also present to help moisturise the skin. The addition of coconut oil also helps with moisturising the skin, while tea, ginseng and Vitamin B are meant to rejuvenate the skin and boost the skin's natural metabolism. Last but not least, Ceretin Complex should also help smooth skin through helping the skin texture and tone. Essentially, we're just looking at a highlighting primer, this is a skincare/makeup hybrid product - loving your skin while helping your makeup last longer.

 

It is all crammed into a neat little tube holding 30 ml of product, and this has a screw cap with a steady base, which makes it stand up quite nicely, while also standing out in a sea of products on my dresser. The primer is relatively liquid, and I can see flecks of subtle glitter shimmer in it as I press on the tube. It is really easy to smooth over the skin, and like a good little primer, it doesn't slide or move, and it really does help in providing a good base for griping the rest of my makeup, helping it last longer.

 

I cannot speak for it's colour correcting abilities, as I don't feel like there's much I need to colour correct on my face, but I can say that I love how it brightens up my complexion, and that this is a very easy product to wear. I really like using this as a base product on it's own, for when I'm not wearing foundation or a BB cream, which, most days, I'm not, because there's a pandemic going on, so most of my face is covered when I'm out and about, and my skin is pretty decent on it's own, but could use a bit of a lift with a glow, which is where the primer comes in!

 

This retails for $49.95, and it is so good that it even won an award on TVSN as part of the Customer Beauty Awards! It's been a while since I've fallen for a primer, and baby, I am falling hard for it now! If you're after a product that is a bit of an all rounder, doing good, while doing it's job, and you're a sucker for the glow, then this might just be the one for you - it certainly is for me! Grab your own bottle over here

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts