Review: SumaNurica Purifying Enzyme Cleansing Balm

 

If there's one skincare rule that has been brought up on repeat over the years, that's to not go to bed with your makeup on. It's the one thing that I've certainly rarely broken, even in my younger years of going out for a night of fun with friends, and returning home relatively inebriated, I still managed to take off my makeup around 95% of the time, and that is a pretty good record, I like to think! From the early days of using things like really oily makeup remover, to the convenience of makeup wipes, and then the discovery of cleansing balms and oils, there's honestly very little reason why anyone has to go to bed with their makeup on these days!

 

Aside from new products coming out, it also means that technology is evolving when it comes to how much better these products work, compared to, say, even 5 years ago. I feel like the SumaNurica Purifying Enzyme Cleansing Balm is a pretty good example of this, and I don't think anyone would be surprised to know that I've been absolutely loving this! If you're after a cleansing balm that will melt all the dirt, oil and makeup away from your skin at the end of a long day, while keeping it balanced, then this is the one for you! 

 

Formulated with enzymes that are rich in antibacterial properties to help remove what you don't want on your skin, this also has a blend of natural oils to help nourish and replenish the moisture and strengthen the skin barrier, so that you don't end up with dry, tight, unhappy skin. It's also meant to be gentle enough to use around the eyes without irritating it, yet being potent enough to remove makeup that's holding onto the skin really well and/or oil. 

 

Hero ingredients include ceramide NP, which is a natural lipid that helps to strengthen the skin barrier, retain moisture and enhance hydration, while buriti oil can hydrate the skin and revitalise it. There is also a derivative of azelaic acid to help keep the skin balanced by regulating sebum production, while also reducing inflammation, resulting in clearer skin. Like all cleansing balms, this comes as a solid block in a jar, and to use it, simply scrape a small layer of it off and massage it into the skin before adding a small amount of water to emulsify it. This turns it into a milky solution, which helps with removing all the traces of the day from the skin. 

 

I love that my skin is left feeling silky and soft, and that it does honestly seem to break down my stubborn eye makeup, which can often be the hardest thing to remove. It's really gentle on my skin, and aside from being efficient when it comes to removing my makeup, I appreciate this is very moisturising, which means that I end up with skin that paradoxically feels softer and smoother than before washing my skin. This retails for $109, and you can find it at Myer, or on their website. I feel like cleansing balms are an essential part of my skincare routine, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who likes a moisturising cleanser. Do you use a cleansing balm regularly?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts