Review: Unwritten So Sublime Hydo Repair Serum

I don't know what's gotten into me, but I have definitely been way more focused on hair care this year, and I've actually hit the jackpot with some gorgeous goodies that I've been sent! It's been a real delight looking after my tresses this year, and I can honestly say that I've found some goodies that I'd certainly be repurchasing. Given that I'm prone to self destruction when it comes to my hair, in that I like to do things like torture it with hot hair tools, or use bleach and fun colours, it's safe to say that my hair needs more TLC than some.

 

I was recently sent something from a brand that was totally new to me, and I was pretty excited to try it out! Unwritten is the result of two Aussie blokes putting their heads together, and coming up with some hairy solutions. I really like their ethos, which is to essentially create products and services that have a positive impact on people and the planet. They want to bottle excellent technology, for your hair, without putting additional stress on Mother Earth, and they also strive to give a cut of each product sold to an Aussie Independent Hairdresser, making it a better situation for the local economy. 

I love how it all sounds, and you can see on their website that they are a carbon neutral company that also supports coral regrowth over at the Great Barrier Reef. While their products currently come in 30% recycled plastic, they are hoping to eventually, and gradually, make the shift towards 100% recycled plastic, and I love this idea! But enough about the brand, and why buying their products is a good idea for the world - the real question is, is it a good idea for you?

 

The So Sublime Hydro Repair Serum is said to intensely moisturize, repair damage and protect the hair from heat styling, while also having the ability to ease an itchy scalp. This uses something called PATCH2O®, which uses natural bio-polymers, including hyaluronic acid with highly concentrated hydrating substances, like trehalose, glycerin, urea and L-serine, to achieve the above. All of this comes neatly packaged in a slim pale yellow bottle with a clear cap and a small nozzle.

 

All you need to do it place about 2 to 4 pumps of this into your hand, and work it through the hair! I love the spicy scent that this has, and it has a thin consistency, which makes me feel like I'm spreading it nicely over the strands. I also really like that it is very light on my hair, which means that it doesn't end up feeling greasy and heavy. Sadly, I don't feel like this makes a big difference on the ends of my hair, but I do like that this does help keep my hair feeling a little softer and looking a little healthier overall. This retails for about $36 over here.

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts