Review: Ole Henriksen Firmly Yours Dry Body Oil

 

Let's face it - it's going to be cold, cold, cold until Winter is over, and the sun starts seeping through into the early hours of the evening. This means that we're probably facing at least another couple of months of cold and dry weather, which would definitely show in my skin, if I didn't try to nip it in the bud by moisturising my skin thoroughly with body oils, and this time, I've been using something from a brand I've loved for a decade, and that's Ole Henriksen!

 

Their Firmly Yours Dry Body Oil is touted to be a quick absorbing dry body oil that is meant to help with skin firmness, while also boosting elasticity and hydrating the skin, as well as improving the look of fine lines and wrinkles. This comes in a red frosted glass bottle with a cap that initially confused me, but turned out to be one that you simply pulled off, which does make me worry that it's not particularly good for travel.

 

In order to get the oil out, you simply have to tip the bottle upside down, and through a small hole in the top, the silky promise of moisture will slip right out. This oil is absolutely delicious on the body, and it's not hard to see why, given what they packed into the bottle! It contains nourishing Scandinavian botanical oils, elderberry, blackcurrant and cloudberry oil, to be exact, as well as peptides and sweet white lupin, designed to leave the skin looking healthy and supple, with a beautiful glow.

 

I find this to have a light, almost citrus scent - so light, in fact, that I just about imagine it. The oil starts off as quite oily to begin with, when you initially splash this on the skin, but once you spread it over the body, you can just about feel it get absorbed by the skin within minutes. I love that this doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or greasy, which means that putting your clothes on after a shower, particularly when it's this cold, isn't an issue! 

This is beautiful on the skin, and my skin is left feeling so soft and wonderfully moisturised. I love that even when I'm really generous with this, it doesn't lead to cloying and sticking to my skin. The Firmly Yours Dry Body Oil is vegan and cruelty free, and the bottle that it comes in is recyclable, which I love for that alone, but it also has the added bonus of feeling luxurious and gorgeous, although I will point out that the cap isn't my favourite! Sitting at $65 for 100 ml of product, this isn't particularly cheap, but it's also not horrendously expensive. You can find it over at Sephora. It's been lovely using this, and I will certainly be finishing the bottle! What was the last body oil you finished?

Comments

Popular Posts