Review: By Rosie Jane Leila Lou Everyday Body Oil

Nourishing my skin is really important, especially with Winter really revving it up - I honestly can't wait to be warm soon! Tell me again why I thought it would be amazing to go away at the end of the year to Europe, when everyone seems to Summer in Europe? Right, right, the Northern Lights. Remind me of this moment when you hear me complaining about the how cold I am on socials! And with Australian Winter still being far behind, in terms of how cold it gets, I'm definitely going to need a vat of the By Rosie Jane Leila Lou Everyday Body Oil!

 

By Rosie Jane is most commonly known for their perfumes, which are a must spritz every time I step into Sephora - it's a good thing I'm not sensitive to scents, because if I got headaches with perfumes, I'd probably cry, then do it anyway, because I'm allergic to certain cats, and I love my full time job of being around them all the time, and that's what antihistamines are for! If I were sensitive to scents, I'd just grin and bear it, because I'm not a quitter, particularly when they smell this good! By Rosie Jane also has home scents in the form of candles, as well as deodorants, and of course, what we're talking about today - body oils!

 

I wanted something fresh and wholesome for the scent of this body oil, and I feel like I hit the mark with this one! Leila Lou is a scent that is inspired by, and I quote,"the classics and fields of flowers with notes of pear, jasmine and fresh-cut grass." This starts off with the fragrance of grass and nectarine, working off a base of white musk and vanilla. At the heart of this is pear blossom and most notably, jasmine, which comes off really creamy and smooth.

 

The scent is undoubtedly gorgeous, and I'm happy to report that it doesn't just stop there! Before I get ahead of myself, let's talk about the packaging! This comes in a clear glass bottle with a silver screw cap, which means that while the bottle makes it a little heavy for this to be the perfect travel companion, it can at least be chucked into the toiletries bag for a weekend getaway when the weight of your bag isn't an issue. This has a little opening at the top, so you can control how much you'd like to pour out each time. So, how does the oil actually feel?

 

This is said to renew skin and annihilate dryness, with the key benefits being that it contains coconut oil to help hydrate and replenish the skin, while olive oil smooths the skin tone and texture. There is also rose hip seed oil, which brightens the skin, while boosting collagen production. There's also grape seed oil and sunflower seed oil, and lots of antioxidants. While this may sound heavy, this is beautifully balanced on the skin, and this oil starts off relatively oily to begin with, before getting absorbed enough so that I can slide my clothes on without it sticking - perfection! I love this. It's gorgeous on the skin, smells beautiful, and overall, this is a product that I'm definitely finishing! Find your own By Rosie Jane product over here! What's your go to fragrance at the moment?

Comments

Popular Posts