Review: A'naturel Strawberry Glow Mask

Growing up in a Southeast Asian country meant that having berries as part of your fruit intake was both expensive and harder to come by than the regular fruit that was available there, which, ironically, is what I prefer these days, and those aren't easy to find here in Australia all the time - chasing after food is the story of my life! However, growing up, reading lots of Enid Blyton and other books set in different countries, it was always fascinating to read about the kids picking juicy berries that were growing in the wild, and I really wanted to be able to relate to that. I think that even at this age, I continue to be excited by the prospect of eating berries, and strawberry is actually my default setting for certain kinds of food, such as froyo. 

With that in mind, I was pretty excited to receive the A'naturel Strawberry Glow Mask! This promises to be a hydrating face mask that can help moisturise and repair the skin with the power of essential fatty acids, probiotics and antioxidants. It's meant to leave you with revitalised, nourished skin that looks radiant, and it's also supposed to help reduce the appearance of blemishes and pores. All this, while also being appropriate for all skin types, being cruelty free and vegan!

 

To help you hit those skincare goals, this includes strawberry fruit extract, which means that there are nutrients like Vitamin C and salicylic acid, for that good glow and to help with blemishes respectively. They are also meant to help reduce UV damage, inflammation and hyperpigmentation. The inclusion of witch hazel makes it so that this has cleansing and toning properties, while jojoba seed oil helps in soothing, balancing and hydrating skin. Last, but not least, aloe vera extract can help moisturise and soothe skin as well.

This comes in a clear jar with a white screw top, and the mask is a light pink that doesn't transfer to the skin when this is spread over the face. This has a very light, slightly artificial strawberry scent, which is the only thing that I don't love about it, but thankfully, it doesn't stick around for long at all. I really like that this has a light and bouncy gel texture, and that this spreads really easily over the skin. It stays on the face for about 10 to 15 minutes, during which time it slowly disappears from the surface of the skin.

 

I find it quite cooling, simply due to the texture of the mask, more than anything else, and it's very comfortable on the skin. I love that this does seem to help keep my skin better moisturised, particularly as it really isn't appreciating the dry, cold days that we've been experiencing over here in Sydney! I also feel like it does add a glow to my skin, which obviously means that I'll be finishing this entire jar! This retails for $53.83, and you can find it over here. I feel like this would be great in the Summer, as well as Winter, making it a year round product for me. What is your favourite year round skincare product?

*This product was provided for editorial consideration

Comments

Popular Posts