Review: Jordan Samuel Skin Olio Per Il Corpo Body Oil

How is it that we're already 2/3 of the way through Summer here in Australia? I don't really know where it's all gone, and I will have to blame the weather for part of that, namely because we missed out on a number of hot and sunny days, and had some odd freak weather for part of the season. No matter how quirky the weather has been, though, I haven't had to worry about my skin staying moisturised, and that is, of course, due to me using body oils!

 

A little while back, I purchased the Jordan Samuel Skin Olio Per Il Corpo Body Oil, as I'd used a Jordan Samuel Skin product previously that I really enjoyed, which made me want to explore the brand further. I gravitated to this over other products namely because I was in need of a new body oil, and also because I liked the sound of this.

 

This body oil comes in a clear glass bottle, and there is a small screw cap that reveals a little hole that allows for the oil to come out. Of all the body oils I've ever used, this one has the least appealing way for the product to come out - I'm a much bigger fan of pumps! Instead, with this one, you need to turn the bottle upside down and either shake it a little bit, or tap it against your skin, until you get out enough to cover your body.

 

With that less than auspicious start, I continued to be a little underwhelmed by the actual product itself. I found this to start off as a bit of an oily oil that felt like it wouldn't spread particularly well over the skin. It's hard to describe, but essentially, it seems to taper off, so that I need to get more oil out in order to cover all of my skin. It does mean that it eventually dries down sufficiently well, and I like that it doesn't result in my skin feeling all slippery.

 

However! I have grown to like this oil quite a bit with repeated use, which was something I did not anticipate. While I still feel no particular amount of love for the method involved in getting the oil out, I can honestly say that I quite enjoy the soft orange scent of the oil as I massage it into my skin. I also appreciate that it is chock full of grape seed oil, broccoli seed oil, tomato extract and citrus extracts, so that my skin gets beautifully nourished over time. This retails for about $60, and I would recommend trying it while keeping an open mind - trust me, this is actually worth it! You can find it over here. What have you tried from Jordan Samuel Skin?

Comments

Popular Posts